Bringing life-changing medicines to millions of people, Novartis sits at the intersection of cutting-edge medical science and innovative digital technology. As a global company, the resources and opportunities for growth and development are plentiful including global and local cross functional careers, a diverse learning suite of thousands of programs & an in-house marketplace for rotations & project work. With a strong medicines pipeline our current transformation will not just deliver growth for our business but continue to allow us to bring innovative medicines to patients quickly.
The Associate Director, Marketing BPA, Marketing Technology will serve as an integral team member, supporting the US Integrated marketing organization’s technology transformation by providing financial and analytical support for key tech investments, developing business cases for initiatives and managing the financial performance of the unit. Collaborate closely with marketing team to drive business cases to build Marketing Technology capabilities.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Partner with Marketing technology leadership to lead financial analysis and develop business cases on integration, decommission, and enhancements of technology platforms.
• Liaise with all stakeholders in Marketing, Technology, Procurement and Accounting functions to proactively create and manage technology investment plans and operational expenses for managed service.
• Strong understanding of technology landscape and ability to understand, measure and articulate impact of technology platforms on performance of organization.
• Consolidate and provide insightful expense risks and opportunities. Recommend action plans to achieve targets.
• Support Marketing Technology teams by providing financial guidance and expertise on fixed asset management and liaising with accounting team to apply rules for CapEx/OpEx reporting.
• Provide cost/benefit analysis for new and ongoing technology activities including insights on fixed and variable (volume dependent) costs.
• Support portfolio-wide projects with financial evaluations and forecast models. Support contract negotiations on projects with US scope. Challenge, monitor and analyze cross functional input.
• Interact with US Pharma leadership and their teams to provide analysis, presentations, and recommendations; lead and/or contribute to departmental and ad-hoc initiatives, as needed.
This is a US based position. No international relocation will be provided for this position.
This position will be located at the East Hanover, NJ site and will not have the ability to be located remotely. This position will require up to 10% travel as defined by the business (domestic and/ or international).
What you’ll bring to the role:
1. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent 4-Year University degree required
2. 7+ years finance experience in planning for capital expenditures, annual budgeting, and closing
3. Proven capability to liaise with business partners, understand business complexity and offer insights
4. Ability to innovate to provide solutions for unmet internal customer needs
5. Previous experience providing Finance support for technology builds
6. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including ability to communicate financial information to non-finance groups
7. Ability to build strong relationships, work collaboratively across functions, and resolve conflicts
8. Excel power user
9. Strong understanding of fixed assets accounting and/or marketing technologies a must
• Degree subject area in Business, Finance, Accounting, Technology or related
• CPA or accounting background strongly preferred
• knowledge of SAP BW, BPC, Qlik a plus
• Understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and external factors impacting the market
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
COVID-19: While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected]
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
EEO StatementThe Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.