The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to use their strategic experience and technical expertise to define the technology platforms that enable our Cooperative to be efficient and faster in areas of focus. The position is a highly collaborative one, which is essential in order to ensure business/customer first approach in designing the right Platform for sustainable growth and efficiency for the Cooperative.
As we modernize Ocean Spray (cloud ERP, data modernization, digital core) this role becomes critical to our enterprise success with the definition and building of our technology backbone to support our business. We are looking for someone with extensive software engineering background, who has made career progression into architect role and can lead us through change. Someone who does not think of application, infrastructure, cloud, security, and compliance as unrelated aspects, but rather equally important components of well-crafted tech solutions to create an enhanced experience with our most important stakeholders.
You will be well versed in large scale transformation and translating the business and IT strategy into a technology roadmap that will underpin our success. You will lead the design, build and implementation of multiple enterprise integration patterns to ensure the success of change programs and continual improvement. You will employ modern engineering practices, iterative design, CI/CD, test driven development, pair programing, DevOps, infra as code and embed robust support and QA across all teams.
Position location: We're all about flexibility! This will be a hybrid role based out of our corporate headquarters in Lakeville, MA or our Seaport Boston, MA location with Mondays & Fridays remote.
- Lead, inspire, mentor, coach, build your team of engineers
- Set the technology blueprint and strategy for platforms, linked to our business strategies and product initiatives. The platform(s) includes the organization of all enterprise data (finance, supply chain, product, customer, and vendor), the integration layers (API/ETL) between all inhouse and SaaS applications, and all customer/consumer facing applications
- Spearhead the underlying technology choices and architectural trade-offs aligned with business and financial objectives
- Lead system architecture and solution architecture decisions with project and product teams through an architecture committee
- Set up processes and norms for code reviews of pre-release software and ensuring all security best practices are followed. Roll-up sleeves to review code when needed
- Build inhouse expertise and manage 3rd party resources to provide day-to-day technical and development support to the various teams on the diverse technology portfolio.
- Design and institute the right governance and controls to ensure all applications are regularly patched, always upgraded and in security compliance, collaborating with the Ops and Security team
- Maintain currency on new technologies and service management practices and provides direction on what emerging IT technologies and methods should be introduced, integrated for maximum business value.
- Bring our employees on a journey and drive an innovation culture with organized events, ideation sessions and hackathons.
- Work with the leadership team to forecast future skill needs to acquire and develop a workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills, and competencies. Works toward a balance between growing the agility required to achieve digital business objectives and ensuring the core IT functions are reliable, stable, and efficient
- MS in computer science or related field or equivalent relevant experience, with a focus on Software Engineering
- Experience within transformational (ERP like) programs with the leading, building and execution of technology integration success during transition and steady state
- 10+ years of experience with progressive leadership responsibilities leading development projects with operations and IT with at least 7 years of experience as a software development in at least one of these languages: Node.js, Go, Python, Ruby, Java
- Minimum 5 years of cloud platform engineering experience including infrastructure as code in at least one of the leading cloud platforms: Azure, AWS, GCP
- Experience with container development and orchestration solutions (AKS)
- Extensive experience working in an environment consisting of COTS and home-grown applications
- Deep understanding of the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code review, source control, build, test, deploy, and operations
- MUST be hands-on with application development and CI/CD tools with an ability to rollup sleeves when needed
- Extensive experience with security frameworks and standards such as OAuth2, OIDC, SAML
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others within a complex, cross-functional and fast paced organization with globally distributed teams
- General working experience of Agile/ Scrum methodology
- 2 or more years experience with integration platforms such as MuleSoft, Boomi, Azure API, Azure Functions, Graph, Kerberos as a way to increase flow of teams and processes
- 2 or more years of experience with cloud security
- CPG experience nice to have
- Competitive Base Salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance on day one
- Performance Bonus
- 401K with up to 10% in matching contributions
- Bright Horizons Family Solutions – Back up care, tutoring, etc.
- Transgender benefits
- Fertility benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Paid holidays and vacation days
- Up to $300 Fitness Reimbursement
- Up to $300 Massage Reimbursement
- Health Resources including Free Headspace membership, 1:1 Health Coaching and more.
Who We Are:
You might have our iconic cranberry juice in your fridge or have gotten into heated holiday debate about what’s better - canned or fresh cranberry sauce. But did you know that the hardworking people growing the superfruit in our products are 700 family farmers that own our cooperative? They entrust us with what is most precious to them to create new and innovative products that will delight consumers and grow this beloved brand today and into the future.
Team members, farmers, consumers and communities alike--we value what makes us unique and strive to connect our farms to families for a better life by living our values:
- Grower Mindset – We embrace our grower-owners innovative spirit and heritage through confidence, learning and focus on the future.
- Sustainable Results – Guided by purpose, we are focused on delivering results for our grower-owners.
- Integrity Above All – We are ethical, doing the right thing for our grower-owners, customers, consumers and each other
- Inclusive Teamwork – We build diverse and inclusive teams that strengthen our cooperative.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.