At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Principle Objective of Position
The Energy and Water Program Lead, Global Energy and Sustainability is a key role within the Global Energy & Sustainability Services group which is part of the Global Engineering and Facilities organization at BMS. This role is responsible for evaluating breakthrough technologies on decarbonization, water reclamation, managing feasibility studies, project management, coordination, implementation, execution, and verification of energy and water projects supporting BMS’s next generation sustainability goals.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- This position is responsible for identifying key project initiatives, evaluating energy and water optimization opportunities, conducting feasibility studies and subsequent overall project management through partnership with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage various energy rebate / water conservation programs, support project tracking through the software as a service (SaaS) platform, preparing documentation and data verification for annual Energy Star Partner of the Year Program, Department of Energy Better Plant Challenge execution, including: the application process, advisory group meetings, program support, communication updates, promotional material development, and other support necessary for a successful program
- Responsible for project management oversight and providing technical direction on small projects, with a demonstrated aptitude that trends toward the management of projects with higher degrees of risk, complexity, and client interaction
- Coordinate project team resources across multiple sites and cross-functional teams and can multitask and effectively stay abreast of project details. Coordinates technical analysis, project coordination, and strategy development to help improve energy and water efficiencies across sites and resilient to utility disruptions
- Serve as a resource and mentor regarding energy efficiency analysis of the built environment, driving energy and sustainability initiatives across our manufacturing, research & early development, and commercial sites to support our next generation sustainability goals
- Subject matter expert (SME) in energy demand side reduction and decarbonization
- Support the incorporation of new technologies or best practices into design standards for sustainability
- Support project teams to identify / integrate breakthrough technologies to new constructions / renovations and to facilitate project sign off with key internal / external stakeholders
- Promptly communicate issues, changes in scope, schedule, budget, or other challenges to the attention of the project manager or line manager
- Engage with and deliver presentations of work to sponsors and other stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of technical reports, or presentations at technical forums
- Develop solutions to complex problems based on established precedent or policy
- Mentor staff and foster the development of others
- Degree in engineering or other related field
- Minimum 10 years of design, feasibility studies and management of energy / water projects
- Minimum 5 years of experience in HVAC systems
- Experience with an industry standard energy modeling software
- Experience in developing ASHRAE Level I, II, and III energy audits
- Proven project management skills in compliance driven operations. Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience supervising others. Experience with effectively managing and developing budgets. Effective organization and administrative skills
- Excellent planning, organizing, analysis and problem-solving skills. Strong background and understanding in the planning and execution of projects
- Demonstrated business acumen, understanding of business needs, risks and regulatory implications in the development/assessment of design alternatives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, organized and able to prioritize tasks to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to use discretion with sensitive/confidential information
- Demonstrated proficiency with standard business management tools (MS Project, Excel, Visio, SharePoint, PowerPoint, word) and templates
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- 20 % travel
- Flexibility of working on multiple tasks simultaneously. Must handle short deadlines with a high level of urgency utilizing strong organizational skills
- Must be able to take initiative and have ability to work independently and as a team member. Has a sense of ownership of programs and accountability
- Preferred experience scoping and delivering enterprise-level software solutions
- Position can be based at any of the major BMS sites in NJ
Physical / Mental Demands
- Occasional stooping, bending, stretching, pushing, pulling, reaching and/or light lifting may be required
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and move within workspace for extended periods
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks including hand to finger manipulations, grasping, pushing and pulling
- Environment may include working in office or in a laboratory / manufacturing area
- Ability to work safely in an environment with exposure to high temperature / pressure steam, and other fluids, compressed gasses, odors, various noise levels, moving parts, vibration, wet / slippery areas and high voltage energy supplies
- Ability to work safely when working alone or working with others
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.