At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
• Drives operational strategy and planning for assigned portfolio of work across
BMS and/or non-BMS programs.
• Provides oversight of all clinical studies within assigned portfolio, via effective
• Represents the GDO Strategy organization as a participating member of the
Development and/or Medical Teams.
• Participates and provides input to the vendor selection and review process.
• Participates in the program/portfolio reviews with CRO partners, as
• Strategically assesses study/program metrics and ensures implementation of
appropriate measures to support project or program targets/deliverables.
Study Planning and Conduct:
• Drives business strategy from an operational perspective.
• Accountable for study execution, within established timelines, budget and
• Acts as primary escalation point for all operational issues.
• Participates in necessary governing forums.
• Identifies improvement opportunities and brings forward best practices to
support study execution within the portfolio, and across the broader
• Proactively partners with cross functional counterparts and external vendors
to address issues/concerns.
• Accountable for financial stewardship of programs, while working in close
partnership with Finance.
Operational Leadership / Decision Making:
• Drives and/or develops project standards and ensures consistency and
efficiency across the studies within the program.
• Consistently makes operational decisions in a timely manner.
• Uses expert judgment to make sound decisions based on a balanced
evaluation of available information within a complex environment of
competing project priorities.
• Acts decisively to address study team challenges.
• Proactively identifies and manages risks and issue escalation across the
• Flags potential process improvement opportunities and support execution.
• Builds effective partnerships across functional area leadership.
• Drives issues to resolution and communicates to ensure that issues have been
worked through to completion.
• Applies change management principles to support communication and
implementation of integrated change.
• Frequently communicates program status to different levels of stakeholders,
including Sr. Leadership.
• Minimum 8 years of global experience in clinical drug development or other
• Broad clinical operational experience (registration and/or post-approval is a
• BA/BS or equivalent degree in relevant discipline
• Strong knowledge of GCP/ICH, drug development process, and other relevant
guidelines for clinical research activities.
• Experience leading global clinical research activities.
• Therapeutic Area knowledge.
• Proficient project management skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Financial acumen.
• Effective oral and written communication skills to influence, inform and guide
a global operational team.
• Consistently demonstrates positive attitude about the team’s ability to deal
• Strategic Thinking: Formulates objectives and priorities and implements plans
consistent with the long-term interest of the organization in a global
environment, capitalizes on opportunities and manages risks.
• Enterprise Mindset: The ability to make decisions, set priorities and share
resources based on what will benefit the whole organization. Capable of
building and maintaining networks within and outside of the organization to
both strengthen the understanding of the big picture and leverage diverse
perspectives, experiences and expertise to maximize performance.
• Change Agility: Capable of constantly thinking ahead and scanning the
environment for opportunities. The ability to navigate ambiguity for
themselves by demonstrating smart risk taking and personal resilience. Lead
others through change by continuously creating the context and engaging
• Authentic Leadership: Capable of building legitimacy through cultivating
honest relationships. Ability to generate trust by demonstrating the highest
level of consistency between their words and their actions and maintaining
integrity, especially under pressure. They are role models and promote an
environment of openness.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.