At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Director, Operational Excellence will be responsible for leading and executing organizational/operational excellence programs and strategies within the BMS Global Product Development and Supply (GPS) Cell Therapy Organization (CTO): Including :
- Driving organizational performance through leading knowledge transfer and workforce empowerment using collaboration, proven lean six-sigma tools, and change management methodologies.
- Leading activities/projects supporting the strategic and operational alignment, cooperation, and communication across business unit functions and support/coach behaviors and practices builds ownership and supports sustained business capability improvement.
- Supporting the integration of standard measures and behaviors and the regular application of lean tools and processes in daily operations.
- Support continuous improvement culture
- Execute strategy and application of continuous improvement through Systems and Tools, Teaching (Training Curriculums and Mentorship), and Deployment.
- Lead the identification, prioritization and implementation of initiatives to improve and ensure long-term organizational excellence
- In combinations with site resources, lead and facilitate all aspects of change and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support End-to-End (E2E) Value Stream Management for high complexity products globally and support integrated manufacturing plans.
- Partner with sites and processes to develop and implement cost improvement projects through operational efficiencies
- Improve manufacturing performance through appropriate integration and application of operational excellence tools and methodologies (lean, six sigma, etc.) work with the site to implement or streamline/improve use of LEAN tools.
- Propose and support the projects and programs within the businesses for the identification of improvement levers, setting smart objectives and carrying-out Manufacturing Excellence programs
- Aid sites/functions in the identification of highest value areas for improvement and support delivery of improvement of plant/GMS performance with site teams
- Lead and mentor leadership team members, facilitating a culture that motivates employees
- Recommend and implement methods to increase the quality of products and/or services
- Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices. Protect employees and visitors by maintaining a safe and clean working environment
- Facilitate network replication of best practices
- Develop resource plans, design project charters and milestones, and determine SMART project targets along with quantifying and tracking project metrics
- Capture and align the strategic goals by creating deployment plans to measure current state and create a road map to address gaps where goals are not being met
Professional experience and qualifications:
- 6+ years experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific related discipline required. MBA or advanced scientific degree preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Direct experience leading and supporting operational excellence transformations in a pharmaceutical or a related regulated industry, is required. Divisional and Site based OpEx experience a plus.
- Previous experience of the design and implementation of a Lean Enterprise Operating framework a plus.
- Up to ~25% travel (domestic and International)
- Passion for excellence and standards.
- Strong Systems design and implementation acumen and experience
- Must possess a strategic perspective, global acumen, and leadership disposition
- Ability to work in a Global Environment with well-rounded experience executing and leading projects on continuous improvement, Lean, Six Sigma, and operational excellence
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Project management fundamentals and application including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; Ability to manage multiple projects and evaluate priorities with minimal supervision
- Clear demonstration of the ability to lead through influence, effectively drive performance, build alignment, inform, negotiate and collaborate with various stakeholders
- Understands Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as related to Pharmaceutical and Biotech Manufacturing
- Must possess strong verbal and communication skills, and a well–developed ability to constructively work across functional areas and levels to achieve results
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.