Join Takeda as an Associate Director, Analytics and Insights in our Lexington, MA office. As an Associate Director, Analytics and Insights you will join our growing team of data analytics experts to work closely with leaders across rare/specialty disease therapeutic areas in Patient Services. In this role you will be empowered to provide strategic business insights to leadership and enable and implement high-quality, data- driven decision- making. With the of use of advanced data modeling, predictive modeling and analytical techniques this candidate will have the ability to interpret key findings and leverage these insights into initiatives that will support business outcomes.
How you will contribute:
- Evolve current patient-level transactional dashboards to gain business insights from various customer perspectives (patients, physicians, payers) using specialty pharmacy claims and medical buy and bill longitudinal patient data to build performance metrics in line with market trends.
- Collaborate with business partners and stakeholders to understand, process map, and solve complex business problems through the lens of data science.
- Responsible for providing recommendations on areas of potential opportunities and risks for Takeda based on solid analysis, data and best practices. Build effective working relationships with internal colleagues and navigate within a matrix environment.
- Implement third party pharmaceutical data: syndicated data vendors (IQVIA, Symphony); Specialty Pharmacy and Hub data; into QlikView to create advanced data visualizations and analytics for business decisions.
- Lead data processing, quality assurance, publication of Patient Services dashboards and ad-hoc reports. Monitor the accuracy and efficient distribution of Patient Services reports and other intelligence essential to the organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports and assists in the development of new reporting and analytical tools, as needed.
- Identifying business risk, opportunities, and performance improvement recommendations for Patient Services. Will support development of actionable insights which drives Patient Services effectiveness and assist in improving patient experience.
- Represents Patient Services Business Analytics & Insights team as appropriate on internal committees or external team (e.g., business partners and vendors) meetings and communications
- Serve as subject matter expert in translating patient journey through analytics to improve operations and decision making to better support patient engagement and treatment.
- Leverage standardized analysis methods and reporting standards to maximize data integrability; identifies best practice for utilization across therapeutic areas.
- Partners with other functional areas within Takeda in order to stay abreast of other departmental best practices and be able to communicate those offerings to Patient Services.
- Drive data integrity processes along with monitoring and support
- Lead new product/drug launch readiness data architecture and KPI tracking
- Act as a liaison between business operations and data analytics to be the bridge that translates data into meaningful business insights
- Leads advanced analytics initiatives and supports Market Research and CI initiatives as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Health Sciences or related discipline / Business Administration.
- MBA/M.Sc./Pharm.D. an asset
- Recommended 7+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry 3-5 years of experience in advanced analytics
- Experience in project management across a range of functions, seniority, and geography
- Forecasting experience preferred
- Interpersonal skills and experience working within teams
- Takes responsibility and builds trust
- TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- 10% - as required for meetings and conferences
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.