At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
There’s never been a more exciting time to be on the Enterprise Data Analytics team at Charles River Labs! We are on a mission to make the Enterprise Data Analytics team be the backbone of today’s business, as data-driven decision-making enables business leaders to make informed choices quickly to boost revenue, improve productivity, and stay a step ahead of the market. We have already launched our own Enterprise Data Hub, the digital backbone of this company, and we need more leaders in the data analytics discipline who are forward thinking, self-guided and innovative to continue to build out the hub across our lines of business, integrating all of our data, mastering data and focusing on data quality to fundamentally shift the way Charles River operates through data science and advanced analytics.
You will be joining a team with an unyielding dedication to the company purpose; Together We Create Healthier Lives. This laser focus on the patient makes the boarder Global Technology Team so exciting. As we look to our company’s future, we are embarking on a reimagination of how we do business through a Digital Journey. Our Digital Journey is about sustaining and advancing our position to unlock our next horizon of growth and become a leading ‘digitally-powered’ CRO enabling our clients to deliver innovative, safe, and effective treatments to patients as quickly and effectively as possible. In the process, we want to continue to be at the forefront of the drug development and discovery process, ultimately reducing the early-stage drug development timeline by a full year. Our collective focus over the coming, multi-year journey is to enable this extraordinary group of people - our 18,000 colleagues - to execute and achieve our ambitious business goals. We are taking Charles River to a place where Enterprise Data Analytics team will be applying the techniques of data management, data engineering, and strategy development, as well as the use of analytics techniques that range from forecasting and simulation to linear programming and optimization and we want you to join us.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead and mentor a team of Data Analysts and Analytics Engineers and provide actionable analytical solutions for our business partners
• Proven and recent experience of implementing solutions from requirements gathering and process design to functional production deployment in a cloud environment
• Act as Technical Product owner within assigned Agile teams
• Work with both the Business and IT Leadership team in developing the overall Strategy and Roadmap for the Data and Analytics Organization
• Champion the use of data, technology & newer tools to optimize solutions and continuous process improvements
• Continuously work on building strong Business relationships with the key Business Product Owners
• Must have strong business acumen and have the skillsets to analyze and interpret highly complex business challenges related to the use of the Global Data
• Present findings and recommendations for action to partners and leaders within the company
• Define and document UX data visualization standards
• Develop/acquire the right talent, motivate and maintain a high performing team
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related fields; Master’s degree preferred
• 7+ years of SSAS design and development with expert DAX skills
• 7+ years of SQL programming
• 5+ years of progressive management experience in a technology organization with a strong track record of building and leading high-performing teams
• 5+ years of data profiling and analysis
• 5+ years of hands-on data visualization and report development
• 3+ years of Power BI development
• 2+ years of experience in Azure cloud Environment
• Possesses strong business acumen, with ability to assist in development of business requirements definitions
• Strong knowledge of Azure data stack and integration architectures
• Highly skilled in various Agile methodologies
• Able to work quickly and under tight delivery deadlines with focus on details
• Ability to manage multiple efforts concurrently
• Cloud Experience (Azure)
• Professional Knowledge/Experience
• Proficiency in Data Warehouse & BI Analytics
• Experience with data science including Python
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.