About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
- Focus on both hardware and software products cyber security to align with FDA requirements
- Perform reaction related tasks to support new and ongoing cyber security issues
- Intake and assess new vulnerability reports, work on multiple vulnerability intakes simultaneously
- Introduce automation to assist in review existing data of vulnerability analysis
- Support customer cyber issues
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Develops best practices for the design of cyber secure medical devices.
- Understands the network environment that the devices will be deployed with and provides guidance to the customer about the best practices for their network implementation.
- Participates and involved in in industry groups around cyber security to keep abreast of new trends and regulations relating to cyber security.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis and understanding of risk analysis as it applies to cyber security, Anti-Virus and Malware prevention tools, and device cybersecurity hardening techniques; the NIST organization as it relates to Cyber Security of medical devices; FIPs, UL2900, and FDA requirements as they relate to cybersecurity; penetration test tools and methodology; cybersecurity threat analysis and CVSS scoring.
- Understands the software development implementation and support cycle to ensure timely introduction of cyber mitigation into existing and new device offerings.
- Provides information about the security of our products to the marketing, sales, and service teams for distribution to customers as well as providing cyber security related information for publication through B. Braun web media presence.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices and procedures in professional field.
- Uses standard theories, principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of action.
- Works under general supervision.
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals.
- May periodically assist in orienting, training, and/or reviewing the work of other peers.
- Judgement is required in resolving all day-to-day problems.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers.
- Occasional contact with external contractors/vendors.
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 02-04 years related experience required.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Occasional business travel required, Secrecy and invention agreement and non-compete agreement
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Standing, Walking
- Frequently:Finger feeling, Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud (hearing protection required), Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field of vision/peripheral, Sitting , Talking - ordinary, loud/quick
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Constantly:Office environment
What We OfferBraun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.. Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled