SRI International has an immediate need for an Associate Contracts Officer to join our dynamic team of contract professionals. This is a hybrid position, and it is expected the Associate Contracts Officer be within driving distance of Arlington, VA, Menlo Park, CA OR Princeton, NJ office.
As part of SRI’s Contracts team, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in Government contract management/administration while supporting SRI’s team of engineers and scientists as they develop unique solutions that make the world safer, healthier, and more productive.
Working under supervision of direct Manager and/or senior members of the team:
- Analyzes contract and/or grant requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies and business unit procedure.
- Drafts, negotiates and administers contractual instruments.
- Communicates contract policy and practice to internal business teams.
- Ensures contract and/or grant review, approval and execution in accordance with corporate and/or business unit procedures.
- Prepares and administers routine correspondence, negotiation memoranda, and contract documentation.
- Prepares, organizes and maintains contract records and files documenting contract performance and compliance.
- Reviews requests for proposals from US Government agencies and prime contractors.
- Participates in proposal preparation to ensure compliance with solicitations and SRI policies and procedures.
- May perform or assist with contract closeout activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree desired; experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of general business experience in a corporate office environment.This experience could include;
- Research and information gathering
- Familariarity with MS office products
- Corporate business systems including financial systems.
- Effective interpersonal skills, problem solving ability and communication skills (written & verbal).
- Must be able to prioritize workload using good judgment and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and well organized.
- Must be able to work reasonably independently and exercise good judgment.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and build collaborative relationships.
SRI has a competitive benefits package, to view details please go to: https://www.sri.com/resources/benefits/.
SRI International, an over 75-year strong pioneering research institute, has a rich history supporting government and industry. Our innovations have created new industries, billions of dollars in market value and lasting benefits to society. SRI is organized around broad disciplines and capabilities, with research and development divisions and labs to groups who excel at identifying new opportunities, developing products and creating custom solutions. Our organization is driven by impact - delivering unique solutions for the world's important challenges and transforming ideas into reality for clients and partners.