View more related jobs
- Develops new or improved formulas, products, and/or processes under supervision.
- Background in polymers and coatings, free radical acrylate/methacrylate polymerization
- Applies standard formulation technologies toward the creation of new products and provides technical assistance to optimize formula attributes.
- Obtains new raw materials as necessary, along with appropriate safety/technical documentation, specifications, samples, etc.
- Manage and lead multiple projects in a very fast-paced environment and prioritize projects to meet timeline requirements.
- Conducts all required performance and stability tests; interprets records and reports results.
- Ability to interpret third-party testing criteria in order to access product success in regard to current company protocols.
- Interfaces with other Research Center personnel; Safety, Regulatory, Consumer, QA, and Marketing as required.
- Performs evaluations of competitive products; reports findings as appropriate.
- Aids in resolving routine customer and production problems.
- Represent RD in conference calls to discuss project status.
- Critical thinker and knowledge of the RD development timeline.
- Willingness to travel to support production site as needed
- Performs QC, experimental, developmental, and analytical tests on finished goods.
- Assists senior lab personnel as necessary.
- Willingness to travel as needed
Required Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of basic principles of polymer and coating science.
- Technical formulation experience complex mixture coatings.
- Knowledge to operate lab equipment – mixers, viscometers, pH meters, etc.
- Ability to set up product specification and procedures
- Knowledge of global and China/Japan regulations on ingredient and colorant restrictions.
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills a must.
- Willingness to take ownership and accountability to drive projects forward in a timely and efficient manner.
- Strong oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply interpersonal skills to resolve a wide range of problems.
- Ability to conceptualize and apply innovative solutions.
- Ability to anticipate and solve technical problems.
- Ability to handle multiple projects while meeting tight time constraints.
Education and Experience Required:
- B.S. in Chemistry with Polymers and Coatings
- 0-3 years of experience