MP Materials (NYSE: MP) is on a mission to restore the full rare earth supply chain to the United States of America. From electric cars to wind turbines and drones, rare earths are essential to the low-carbon, electrified technologies that power modern life. We hire ambitious, mission-driven people motivated to solve problems and affect change. Our values are grounded in teamwork, resiliency, and integrity, with an enduring commitment to our employees, community, and the environment. In the coming years, MP Materials will grow from a core materials and chemical processing company into a large industrial manufacturer. Our employees will lead this exciting transformation and grow professionally with us.
The Associate, Business Development will play an important role as part of our business development team. This means working on new value creation initiatives for the company. The position will have extensive interaction with the leadership team, various internal departments, and external partners/customers.
- Provide thoughtful research and analysis of new opportunities being evaluated by the company
- Engage in the full spectrum of business development activities aligned with the company’s mission
- Track and develop data on customers or potential customers as well as other industry players
- Stay informed on industry trends in electrification, critical materials, and other strategic areas
- Support research and analytical findings in presentations, memos, or conversations with company management or external stakeholders
- Utilize financial reasoning to qualify and quantify new business opportunities
- Participate in the complex negotiations being evaluated by a broad spectrum of stakeholders across finance, legal, operations, and other functional units in the company
- Identify key risks in business opportunities and suggest thoughtful mitigations when appropriate
- Support financial budgeting and analysis of new projects and capital investments
- Provide insights and updates to management and other functional units throughout the company on market trends, active projects, and other work from the front lines
- Play a key role supporting the Business Development team to meet or exceed aggressive timelines while performing at high standards
- Support cross-functional team members’ success in their respective business objectives
- Identify and pursue entrepreneurial opportunities to improve the business
- Develop a conversational technical understanding of the business
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related fields
- 2+ years of progressive experience in business development, management consulting, investment banking, or related roles
- Excellent skills with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Well established understanding of Finance and Accounting principles
- Excellent research skills
- Strong mathematical proficiency
- Eagerness to lead a culture of positivity with integrity
- A desire to learn more and improve capabilities
MP Materials is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer - EEO is The Law
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Underrepresented groups/Women/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Candidates whose disabilities make them unable to meet the position’s requirements will still be considered qualified if they can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation.
Your Right To Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment verification document form upon hire.
For Assistance with Application - Alternative methods of applying for employment are available to individuals unable to submit an application through this site because of a disability. Contact Human Resources Department at 702-625-5679; 6720 Via Austi Parkway, Suite 450, Las Vegas, NV 89119 to discuss reasonable accommodations.