As an Associate Analyst - Commercial Analytics, you will be responsible for providing regular and ad-hoc reports and analytical support around internal systems data (sales & margin, purchases, inventory, etc.) and helping to drive business measurement and opportunity identification in commercial functions. You will contribute to reporting projects by assisting in gathering requirements, extracting data and deriving insights. You may also participate in administering data and systems. You will work cross-functionally and cross-organizationally to ensure reporting quality and consistency.
- Execute regular and ad-hoc reports in support of commercial teams.
- Analyze customer and company data to identify trends and potential opportunities, and measure achievement toward goals, for WESCO’s customers, suppliers, operating businesses and internal functions.
- Conduct research to support business decision making, with emphasis in sales and marketing activities.
- Collect, enter and maintain data pertaining to business performance, customer behavior, market intelligence and/or competitive intelligence.
- Support commercial and cross-functional project teams with data, analysis, information and insights.
- Collaborate with other analysts on reporting or analysis projects.
- High School Degree or equivalent experience required. Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Information Systems, Marketing, or Mathematics preferred
- 1 year required of analyzing data to identify insights
- 1 year preferred of working with business-to-business (B2B) selling environments
- 1 year preferred of working with relational databases (ex: AWS, Teradata, MS SQL Server, Azure, MS Access, etc.)
- Proficiency in mathematical calculations and concepts (algebra, geometry) required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products – highly proficient in Excel required
- Critical thinking – demonstrated ability to turn data into information into insight required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex information in a straightforward manner using precise language, especially to non-technical audiences required
- Proficient in statistical/probabilistic calculations and concepts preferred
- Familiarity with SQL or other data-oriented programming languages preferred
- Familiarity with data science concepts preferred
WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.