Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world's largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world's largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment 'Our Way to Serve,' Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
Sales & Marketing
The Assistant Zone Manager role within Firestone Direct, reports to the Zone Manager and is primarily responsible for providing Mobile Specialists & Apprentice Techs with resources to service the Boss (customer) through assessing the Bosses’ needs during scheduled appointments, recommending appropriate products and/or services, performing vehicle services, and ensuring Boss satisfaction through thorough and timely completion of services.
- Partners with BSRO Anchor Locations to support with Referrals
- Perform and train others on digital inspections on assigned vehicles following Firestone Direct procedures (according to M.A.P. Guidelines) to records findings into Mobile Field Management system.
- Have the skills to adequately record and explain mechanical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include teammates and Bosses on an as-required basis and train others on how to do this.
- Be able to train and perform other duties as assigned or as required, such as: removing mounting, and/or installing tires, changing oil & filters, batteries, and other automotive supplies and services; loading and unloading trucks requiring the movement of items weighing up to 100 lbs
- Drives company vehicle and follows safe driving standards
- Continuously learns new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay or become proficient in automotive diagnosis and repair.
- Maintain and train others on Mobile Unit standards of cleanliness, orderliness, and appearance of space and equipment in the Mobile Units & on location.
- Complies with company safety policy and federal/state OSHA safety requirements and train and inspect that other Firestone Direct teammates are following safety guidelines such as; the wearing of approved eye protection, proper lifting techniques, proper wheel torquing, proper footwear, etc.
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.