Attend and care to swine and assists in supervising employees at the sow farm under direction of the manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Ensure all standard operating procedures are being followed and facilities are in good working condition.
- Maintain high herd health and adhere to all biosecurity set forth by the company and proper feeding and care of animals.
- Training of employees on day-to-day processes and procedures to develop a competent workforce by utilizing hands-on training methods.
- Supervising and scheduling groups of employees and acting as manager when the supervisor is not present
- Maintain accurate records and reports of animals, employees, and supplies on the farm.
- Assist and ensure that all weekly and daily reports are turned in timely and accurately.
- Adhere to all safety procedures.
- Follow the assigned medication and vaccination protocols for the farm.
- Maintain the alarm system and all emergency systems and answer alarm calls properly
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS IN ALL ROLES: instills trust, communicates effectively, action oriented, ensures accountability, and drives results.
Builds effective teams
Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Insurance including medical, vision, dental, prescription drugs and life insurance—immediately after hire.
- 401 K retirement program- You will be automatically enrolled at a 3% contribution on the next scheduled payroll date following the 45 day opt out period. Following one year of employment, the company matches $0.50 for every dollar contributed up to 6 percent of salary. IRS limits apply
- 15 days (less than 5 years of service)
- 20 days (5+ years of service)
- 25 days (15+ years of service)
- 48 hours per calendar year
- Holidays- 6 paid holidays
- Referral Bonus-- $1,000 for each referred hire (if employee and referred hire are both active after 3 months)
- Relocation assistance for 50+ mile moves
- Associate degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 6 months to 1-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be proficient in English language, reading and writing
ABOUT SEABOARD FOODS
At Seaboard Foods, we create the most sought-after pork. A top U.S. pork producer/processor and leading exporter to 30+ countries, we are committed to the pursuit of pork perfection, seeking a better way to produce wholesome pork and connect every step between our farms and family tables. Together, more than 5,000 employees in five states work in our farms, feed mills, and processing plant, to produce Prairie Fresh® pork, ensuring the well-being of our animals, the environment, our employees and the communities we call home.