Job Location: Galco International - Phoenix, AZ
Salary Range: $17.00 - $19.00 Hourly
Job Title: Assistant Shipping Manager
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Galco International, LTD is the manufacturer of the Galco brand, the premier American-made line of superb-quality holsters, belts and accessories. Encompassing law enforcement, military, civilian defensive and sporting use, all Galco products are proudly made in the USA since 1969.
Monday-Thursday 10 hr. days (6AM - 4:30PM)
The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for providing day-to-day leadership and guidance to shipping employees while ensuring shipping goals and health & safety standards are met.
- Support the Shipping and Operations Management team to ensure goals are met in a timely and safe manner.
- Issue and maintain written and oral instructions.
- Monitor pickers’ and packers’ productivity and accuracy.
- Review employee performance and take corrective action as needed.
- Resolve personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions and recommending action.
- Coordinate activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities and directing work of subordinate employees to meet shipping deadlines.
- Direct, with hands on assistance as necessary order picking and putaway operations.
- Perform computer functions necessary to process domestic and international shipments.
- Make arrangements for carrier pick up as specified on pick ticket.
- Maintain accurate inventories.
- Ensure good housekeeping is maintained in the Shipping Department.
- Process claims paperwork for undelivered and damaged parcels.
- Train new hires.
- Minimum 2 years parcel shipping, pick and pack experience.
- Ability to learn and use the company ERP, Shipping Software, SPS Commerce EDI Software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook required.
- Writing skills necessary to communicate by email, draft instructions and complete written documentation.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Ability to manage stress associated with a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching and sitting. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects over 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and ability to adjust focus.
Galco offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. If you desire the ability to add value to our team apply today!