Assistant Samsung Experience Store Manager - Glendale, CA
Position SummaryFor more than 40 years, the name Samsung has been at the forefront of innovation. Samsung's discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough products have helped shape the history of digital evolution. Today, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Guided by a simple philosophy “Inspire the World, Create the Future” Samsung is committed to developing new technologies and innovative products that enhance the lives of its customers, employees, and the global community.
Samsung Electronics is the largest subsidiary of the Samsung Group, amounting to 70 percent of the group's revenue and reigning as the world's largest technology company with more than $200 billion in revenue. Globally the company has a presence in 80 countries and employs more than 270,000 people. Samsung is the world’s leading provider of mobile phones, smartphones, and tablet computers—fueled primarily by the popularity of the Samsung Galaxy line of devices—and produces a wide variety of products and components ranging from color and mono-laser printers and copiers, virtual desktop infrastructure, solid state drives, set-top boxes, TVs, LCD panels, lithium-ion batteries, semiconductors, chips, flash memory, and hard-drive devices.
Samsung Electronics USA is a nearly $30 billion business with a vast portfolio of superior quality mobile and electronics products. The business also plays a leadership role globally for creating the best new and next-generation products and platforms. Samsung’s vision is to reach and engage the consumer through revolutionary retail stores and experience centers.
Role and Responsibilities
Our Samsung Electronics America Retail Operations Team is a growing a best in class organization within Samsung worldwide. We continue to challenge the existing retail models and processes to makes this team the home for talented, driven, and creative professionals, who want to be on the front lines of consumer electronics sales. Our team relishes the opportunity to push Samsung’s retail capabilities to be the new paradigm for consumer engagement. With our partnerships with the top consumer electronics retailers and its own experiential sites, Retail Operations is delivering a consumer experience to maximize both sales and consumer satisfaction.
If you are an individual who looks forward to finding opportunities in the challenges of building the best and most effective direct to consumer retail experience, then Samsung Electronics America’s Direct To Consumer Retail Team has a fulfilling work family for you.
Specific responsibilities include:
- The Assistant Store Manager will directly report the Store Manager
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for driving overall store performance
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for all experiential customer interaction performance in the location
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for the whole Customer experience in the location
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for all Marketing Experiences in the location
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for coaching direct and indirect associates in the location on all sales behaviors, marketing experiences and operational processes
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for all building/associates safety processes
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for communication with all of store management team
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for the location’s overall culture in the location
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for all NHO training process, continued education training and development of the store team
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for ensuring all LMS learnings are complete timely and by all direct and indirect associates.
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for analysis of location performance and creation of SMART action plans to improve performance
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for communicating individual goals to all indirect associates
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for all individual performance and providing recognition and coaching
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible to ensure a location has a recognition program for all associates
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for the customer experience on Live Virtual Agent for all locations
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for all associates B2B lead generation within the location
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for the Sales Floor Leadership process
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for creation of schedules and posting all employee schedules within the location
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for all asset inventory in the location and partnering with Corporate support team as needed
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for all store communication boards and recognition boards in the location
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for upholding all uniform and nametag standards within the location
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for all Launch and Holiday preparedness
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible to serve as the Sales Floor Lead or Manager on Duty while at the location each day
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible to build a partnership with the CARE team within the location
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for the customer experience of the location through in-store interactions and direct external customer communication
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible to ensure labor spend is within the corporate provided labor budgets
- The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for the execution and performance of all Value prop processes and roles
- The Assistant Store Manager will work with cross functional team members as needed in support of overall store support including: Store Technology, Repairs and Maintenance, Marketing and Visual Merchandising
- Attend weekly retail DTC and Marketing meetings and recap overall results
- Complete various special projects as assigned
Background & Competencies Required:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- 2-4 years of experience in large big box or specialty retailer
- 2-4 years of experience leading a team of associates
- Mobile industry or consumer electronics retail experience strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively with minimal supervision
- Positive attitude and ability to adjust as changes occur
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships across cross functional teams
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills needed
Skills and Qualifications
• Develops professional expertise by complying with company policies and procedures
• Works on problems of moderate scope where analyzing situations or data requires a review on various factors
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
• Normally receives general instructions on routine work with detailed instructions on new projects or assignments
• Generally requires a bachelor's degree with a minimum 2 years related experience, or advanced degree without experience
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to apply for an exemption are provided after the application process is complete.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.