Experience in heavy civil such as, roadways, and bridges is preferred but not mandatory or 5-10 years of construction management experience.
Primoris Heavy Civil provides highway, port, airfield, rail and marine (intermodal transportation) construction services to private commercial and industrial clients as well as governmental entities such as the Department of Transportation and the US Army Corps of Engineers. Services include: demolition, heavy earthwork, soil stabilization, mass excavation, drainage, pile driving, concrete paving, infrastructure rehabilitation, end-on (top-down) construction, bridge construction, major interstate and highway construction, airports, marine and rail installations; all with self-perform capabilities.
- Practice safety rules.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Safe use of hand & power tools.
- Report to and assist immediate supervisor.
- Perform quality work as determined by project specifications.
- Accountable for all tools and materials at the end of your shift.
- Must work well as part of a team.
- Assists the PM to provide overall management direction to substantial photovoltaic power plants (solar) construction projects.
- Accountable to deliver finished project, meeting objectives defined by delivery schedule, budget compliance and adherence to workplace policies.
- Serves as company liaison with client contacts as well as contracted construction resources.
- Provides administrative direction to on-site construction manager(s).
- Ensures that all applicable codes, standards, and good construction practices are followed.
- May manage multiple smaller projects or serve as top on-site manager for a single large, extensive project.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Post-offer drug/alcohol screen and physical evaluation.
- New Hire Orientation Quiz
- Applicant/employee must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of such individual or others in the workplace.
- Job site safety requirements as required by the client (clean shaven, long sleeves, steel toe boots, etc.).
- Safety equipment as required by the client (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, safety harness with lanyard, etc.).
- Must comply with company’s drug and alcohol abuse policy.
- Must be able to pass physical examination, pre-employment if necessary, and as required by the company.
- Able to climb and maintain balance on ladders, scaffolding, stairways, etc.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or work at elevated heights as well as in confined spaces (towers, vessels, excavations, etc.).
- Able to carry 50 lbs. of tool and/or materials. It is recommended to get assistance to lift items over 50 lbs. Check with your project supervisor or project safety director.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work extended hours on your feet on uneven surfaces (dirt, concrete, asphalt, mud, gravel, etc.)
- Must be clean shaven and able to work while wearing a respirator and other personal protective equipment, when required.
- Location: Heavy Civil Construction Sites
- Mobility Barriers to Access Job Site:
- Uneven ground level
- Obstructed pathways
- Work performed at low and/or high elevations
- Work performed in confined areas
- Climatic/Environmental Conditions at Job Site:
- Predominately outdoor climate
- May be exposed to extreme hot or cold weather
- Excessive humidity, rain, etc.
- Various noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment, etc.
- Potential exposure to chemical substances
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Third-Party Agency Notice:
Primoris will not accept any unsolicited resumes from any third-party recruiting agencies either
domestic or international. Primoris nor its subsidiaries will be responsible for any fees from the
use of any unsolicited resumes either through our ATS or via electronic mail systems from any
agency representative or agency consultant unless your firm is an approved vendor partner
with a current executed agreement.