The Precast Assistant Project Manager facilitates the successful design, fabrication, and installation of architectural and structural building systems. Working as part of an integrated team, within a specific business unit, this role applies engineering, project management, problem-solving, and communication skills across all levels and disciplines within the organization. The Assistant Project Manager leads (generally 1 to 3) Project Engineers and works on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exercise a high level of professionalism and confidentiality when working with staff, projects and proprietary information.
- Build an efficient, high-level communication flow with all internal and external project partners.
- Responsible for project documentation (Plans, Specifications, RFIs, Submittals, Meeting Minutes) coming from design and trade partners, ensuring alignment and consistency.
- Assemble trade contracts for Project Manager/Superintendent review.
- Collaborate with Project Manager and Superintendent on-site safety plan maintenance and implementation (weekly safety meetings, pre-task planning, accident investigation).
- Partner with Project Managers and Superintendents to maintain and manage field operations (scheduling, testing, inspections, maintaining look ahead schedules, daily reports, quality management).
- Lead cost management from identification of changes through estimating and execution of change orders.
- Obtain and maintain individual safety and project management certifications (OSHA 30, LEED, SWPPP).
- Other duties as assigned.