Assistant Project Manager (Construction Subcontractor)
- Supervise and coordinate the Installation crew:
- Understand and enforce union rules as set forth in the collective bargaining agreement
- Ensure that new hires receive proper training for installation and safety
- Ensure that contractual obligations (i.e labor ratios) are met on each job
- Review and approve timecards daily
- Facilitate communication between office and field staff, and communicate in a timely fashion
with Human Resources regarding any labor relations issues
- Track project progress and prepare reports pertaining to labor, materials, cost, etc.
- Attend safety and coordination meetings at the construction site
- Support the PM regularly by providing input on project coordination and execution; assist with
problem solving; suggest ways to improve the budget and cut costs; suggest ideas for continuous
- Assist the PM with planning and scheduling activities that will support the target installation date
- Assist the PM with procuring and scheduling resource
- Assist with warehouse management, inventory control, and P.O. management as needed
- Assist Project Coordinators to ensure they have complete and accurate information for billing
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of building products and familiarity with relevant rules, regulations, and quality
standards in the construction industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and project management software
- Ability to communicate professionally, verbally, and in writing, with team members and customers
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to plan and schedule project activities with great attention to detail and in a timely fashion
- Ability to multitask effectively
- 3 or more years in a Project Assistant, Project Coordinator, Superintendent, or similar role
- 5 or more years in the Construction industry preferred
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Experience with union labor preferred
- Experience creating reports in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in a professional
- Experience using industry software to coordinate labor, materials, or scheduling on construction
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Construction Management or other relevant field of study is preferred
- This position requires the ability to work in typical construction work environments and wear
required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), i.e.: hard hat, eye/face protection, hearing
protection, steel toes, etc.
- Regular travel by vehicle to construction sites throughout Northern/Southern California is required.
Occasional overnight trips may be required. Minimal air travel will be required.
Smoke Guard, Inc., a CSW Industrials company, does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) and encourage all to apply.