- Assist the supervisor to manage staff and resources, ensuring safety, quality and productivity goals and expectations are met or exceeded.
- Assist the supervisor to develop and maintain the production schedule and coordinate the necessary resources to meet or exceed customer expectations in cooperation with customers, sales, and other departments as appropriate.
- Assist the supervisor in coordination with other supervisors/shifts to ensure that customer orders are completed on time and that any issues are communicated and addressed from shift-to-shift.
- Assist the supervisor to maintain inventory control, to perform production entries and to manage production planning (including investigating and adjusting negative on hand, transactions, work order management, and other issues as appropriate) along with associated reporting requirements.
- Review, verify and enter daily production data, including labor entries, materials issued, scrap and/or other data as required.
- Perform inventory cycle counts and make corrections/reconciliations as needed.
- Assist the supervisor to develop, to maintain and to issue work orders, machine schedules, department schedules and daily job assignments for staff.
- Perform time studies to verify machine rates, evaluate production rates for hourly employees and address any issues in cooperation with the supervisor.
- Identify and support staffing and training needs for the division in cooperation with division and shift supervisors, human resources and the plant manager.
- Assist the supervisor to mentor staff, providing guidance and feedback where appropriate.
- Communicate employee performance to the supervisor.
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in all areas and address any deficiencies.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required.
Associates Degree (two year college or technical school): Preferred.
2 plus years of experience in a manufacturing setting as a group/team lead and/or related experience overseeing staff.
MS Office, including Word and Excel. ERP experience preferred.
First Aid, CPR and Bloodborne Pathogens certification preferred.