Job Location: Galco International - Phoenix, AZ
Salary Range: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 Salary/year
Job Title: Assistant Production Manager
Galco International, LTD is the manufacturer of the Galco Holsters brand, the premier American-made line of superb-quality holsters, belts and accessories. Encompassing law enforcement, military, civilian defensive and sporting use, all Galco products are proudly made in the USA since 1969.
The Assistant Production Manager is responsible for providing day-to day leadership and guidance to production employees while ensuring production goals and health & safety standards are met. Must enjoy an active hands on production supervision role with several hours per day spent on the production floor and be equally comfortable working with computers.
Location & Shift:
This is an on-site position located at 2019 W. Quail Ave, Phoenix Arizona. Responsibilities are for the Monday-Thursday 6:00 AM-4:30PM production shift.
- Support the Production and Operations Management team to ensure production goals are met in a timely and safe manor.
- Ensure written instructions are drafted, maintained, and complied with.
- Assist in establishing, monitoring and meeting performance standards.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
- Maintains time and attendance records.
- Review employee performance and take corrective action as needed.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issues, identifying solutions and recommending action.
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities and directing work of subordinate employees to meet production deadlines.
- Hands on expediting of orders through production to meet deadlines
- Significant computer data entry and research of production orders
- Ensure good housekeeping is maintained in the production area.
- Minimum 3 years manufacturing management experience.
- Ability to manage stress associated with a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to learn and use the company ERP, HR/Time & Attendance software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook required.
- Ability to accurately document production data and employee performance.
- Writing skills necessary to communicate by email, draft instructions and complete written documentation.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching and sitting. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects over 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and ability to adjust focus.
Galco offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. If you desire the ability to add value to our team apply today!