Job Location: Chesapeake Spice Co MD - Belcamp, MD
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Job Shift: Any
Job Category: Manufacturing
Will assist in monitoring the operation of all production departments (Mixing/Blending, Receiving, Inventory Control, Material Handling/Formulation, Milling, Packaging, Shipping, and Sanitation) to ensure company goals are reached and standards are maintained. Will focus on continuous improvement of the operational systems to become more efficient. Ensure departments work together effectively to achieve safety, quality, and on-time delivery.
Will assist Corporate Operations, General, and/or Plant Manager in the following responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate plant operations for all shifts in the Belcamp Plant, and local warehouses, within company policies and procedures, to improve efficiency and effectiveness of all production departments.
- Directly and/or indirectly manage and oversee all operations to include the managers, supervisors, and staff responsible for performing the duties related to Production.
- Responsible for meeting plant production goals.
- Develop and manage budget. Forecast, monitor, and maintain to stay within budget guidelines.
- Utilize techniques to reduce or minimize spending and increase quality and quantity of product produced and shipped.
- Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of the Companys mission for efficient management reporting, information flow, and organizational planning.
- Assist in coordination of plant operations and department connections between Reno and HQ; Communicate with Reno plant as necessary.
- Enforce plant policies and procedures; suggest and implement processes for improvement.
- Lead initiatives in developing training programs
- Responsible for cleanliness and safety of the plant and warehouses.
- Be involved in the preparation of customer and governmental audits to ensure they pass.
- Establish and maintain a positive community relationship between all departments.
- Create and preserve day to day open lines of communication so that information flows smoothly through all departments via meetings and daily communications.
- Confer with department managers to ensure coordination of purchasing, inventory control, production, quality control, shipping and maintenance.
- Coordinate with Quality Control department to ensure quality standards are met.
- Assist in establishing all shift production schedules.
- Directly and indirectly manage all aspects of employment life cycle for plant staffing to include but not be limited to: Interviewing, Selection, Training, Time management, Scheduling, Directing work, Promotions/Status changes, Disciplining, Terminations, Performance management, Monitoring and implementing legal compliance measures.
- Maintain employee morale through consistent feedback and regular performance reviews.
- Ensure all employees are motivated and trained to reach the highest level of quality. production possible in a safe environment.
- Assist in the short and long-term strategic planning of the companys growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Business management, and/or minimum 10 years management experience in Food manufacturing field; Masters Degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in a supervisory role
- Minimum 3 years experience managing teams
- Minimum 3 years experience strategic planning
- Demonstrated success in building teams
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of employees
- Must be self-motivated with strong initiative
- Must have solid decision making and problem-solving skills
- Must have the ability to motivate teams of employees
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency required; Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have the ability to work all shifts as needed
- Ability to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
- Walking or standing for extended periods of time
- Regular stooping, kneeling, climbing, bending at the waist, reaching, handling
- Talking/ hearing conversations
- Vision requirements: near and far visual acuity/visual accommodation
- Ability to lift 100 pounds occasionally
- Ability to work in very noisy and dusty work environment
- Ability to work in cold and hot temperatures