Watsontown Brick a General Shale Brick, Inc. company, the nation’s leading brick and masonry materials manufacturer, is seeking an Assistant Plant Manager for our manufacturing facility in Wastontown, PA. Successful candidates will report directly to the Plant Manager and will be responsible for overseeing all manufacturing operations in the plant.
Responsibilities will include:
- Motivating and directing employees to ensure compliance with production and quality goals, safety policies, and company rules.
- Coordinating maintenance repair work and ensuring equipment is kept in proper working condition.
- Using problem-solving and critical thinking techniques to improve process and safety issues.
- Organizing production schedules to ensure the maximum utilization of equipment and personnel.
- Production inventory accuracy, periodic physical counts, and adjustment requests.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Industrial Technology, Business Administration, or related field is preferred or equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership roles within a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills, computer proficiency, and mechanical aptitude.
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and robotics is a plus.
- Experience in masonry materials manufacturing is preferred.
This is a leadership position with competitive salary and benefits, including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, holidays, and more.