Carlisle is a global leader in the building materials industry. We've been around for more than 100 years, and our customers know us for our superior products, remarkable service and groundbreaking innovations. In just the past six years, our company has grown by nearly 70%. If you thrive in a fast-paced, innovation-driven environment, you may be a great fit for our team. We are looking for an Assistant Plant Manager for our Cartersville, GA polyurethane manufacturing facility.
Responsible for the supervision and management of the manufacturing processes, as well as oversight of the physical plant. Provides leadership to the team to accomplish training objectives and meet production schedules in a safe, timely and efficient manner. Facilitates problem solving and interprets data to support decision making. Promotes a high level of teamwork both on and among shifts, as well as between departments. Responsible for maintaining records to comply with company procedures and apply policies and rules in a fair manner while fostering a participative, yet structured environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with the Plant Manager to drive a strong personal safety, process safety, and environmental improvement plan to achieve EH&S goals and ensure compliance with regulatory and permit requirements & Carlisle standards.
- Relentlessly pursues maximum plant reliability to reduce department unplanned events and support safe operations. Teaches and encourages behaviors to support reliable operations.
- Demonstrates strong people leadership that drives the operations crew to results.
- Shows courageous leadership by coaching, asking questions, and intervening when needed. Challenges status quo and past norms to make the operation more safe, effective and cost efficient.
- Keeps active field presence and assesses work activities routinely to maintain awareness of plant needs and understanding of personnel behaviors.
- Inspires and motivates the organization through leadership and strong connection with the team fostering an empowered organization. Shows appreciation for employees and maintains a servant leadership mindset.
- Ensures operators are on-boarded and trained via a comprehensive plant training program to maximize their opportunity for success and increase plant expertise.
- Take accountability for maintaining and improving the expertise, training and performance of operators, ensuring that appropriate knowledge remains within the facility.
- Resolves operation discipline issues and escalates to proper channels where needed.
- Takes action in partnership with the Plant Manager to maximize contribution to financial results through productivity improvements and cost reduction.
- Develops financial acumen skills across the organization (operators, engineers, maintenance, day staff, etc.) to accelerate profitability and productivity.
- Holds self and others accountable for return on investment of projects, and ensures compliance with financial reporting rules/practices within the facility.
- Optimizes the relationship between quality, productivity and profitability for their facility.
- Supports and drives continuous improvement by being active and ensuring operations participation in Kaizen sessions and plant improvements.
- Supports Plant Manager to provide motivation, explanation, context, and communication purpose of messages to the organization.