Position Title: Assistant Operations Manager, GMLx Tier 2
Location: Norcross, GA (on-site)
FLSA Status: Exempt
ABOUT GLOBALMED LOGISTIX, LLC:
GlobalMed Logistix, LLC (GMLx) is a leading healthcare third party logistics company specializing in warehousing, distribution, inventory management and superior customer service. Leveraging over 40 years of experience and expertise in healthcare logistics, GMLx provides companies with the confidence and resources needed to grow their business. GMLx is driven to exceed customer expectations by continuously innovating and improving the skills and resources required to be the most dependable and customer focused 3PL provider in healthcare.
Mission: To be a trusted partner who drives better business results for our healthcare customers. Together we grow.
The Assistant Operations Manager (AOM) is responsible for overseeing the execution of the daily operations and administrative functions of their assigned accounts. They will act as client advocates and will be the main point of contact for the day-to-day activities of their assigned accounts. The primary responsibility of this position is to work with operational team members to proactively service and grow the relationships of multiple assigned accounts, while managing medical device inventory throughout the order fulfillment process and ensuring customer needs are addressed in a professional and timely manner. The AOM will work closely with the Quality Team to ensure all NCR’s, CAPA’s and other processes are being followed in accordance with the QMS. To succeed in this position, candidates should have exceptional oral and written communication capabilities, Microsoft Office acumen, problem-solving skills, and strong leadership. They should be resourceful, analytical, adaptable, and organized with the ability to build rapport with clients.
Scope of Role Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the coordination of all the elements of the finished goods supply chain process for assigned accounts, including but not limited to, receiving, shipping, inventory management, cycle counting, billing/invoicing, quality management, etc.
- Manage operational team functions (customer service, logistics, receiving, and order fulfillment) for all assigned accounts to meet case order fulfillment needs and ensure consistent flow in daily operations.
- Be responsible for financial account management, from daily transactions to the finalization of end of month closing, audits, and year-end financial accounts and management reports.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all assigned accounts as it relates to their operational activities, assisting in trouble shooting and problem solving any concerns and determining urgencies and priority of customer requests.
- Manage inventories by tracking inventory records reflecting product movement and monitoring the shelf life of sterile products.
- Maintain a clean, well-organized and OSHA/FDA compliant areas in the warehouse designated to all assigned account products.
- Process all work in accordance with relevant working practices and GMLx Standard Operating Procedures.
- The AOM will be responsible for onboarding training and development for new and existing team members.
- On an as-needed basis as customer volume spikes or due to team member absences, the Assistant Operations Manager will also be expected to perform daily order fulfillment and operational functions.
- Perform or assist with other duties and projects as needed and as assigned.
Note: The above information is not all inclusive and the position may have further responsibilities that will be explained in further detail at a later step in the hiring process.
Critical Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Marketing, Business, or relevant discipline. Master’s Degree or MBA in relevant field will be a plus.
- Candidate with strong experience and background in life science and/or medical device/logistics industry (or related field). 3PL/4PL experience will be an added advantage.
- Familiar with ISO certification knowledge (particularly ISO 13485:2016)
- 3-5 years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience working in a fast-paced rapidly growing environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills are essential to success in this position.
- Able to work varying hours as needed (shifts may extend beyond normal working hours depending on order volume)
- This is an in-person / on-site role.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee is regularly required to sit and climb or balance and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is regularly required to access and physically navigate the warehouse facility.
- Proactivity/Initiative – Desire to excel in the role, taking ownership of the decision-making process, proactively accomplishing tasks and solving potential issues, and constantly identifying ways for improvement.
- Accuracy/Quality– Is attentive to detail and accuracy. Committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems and own/acts on them.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure and adjusts to meet changing needs. Effectively copes with rapid change. Comfortably handles risk and uncertainty, is not easily rattled.
- Dependability – Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Integrity/Ethics – Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintain confidentiality, supports company values and conveys good news and bad.
- Organization – Manages multiple, simultaneous activities, tasks, and projects. Organizes resources to accomplish tasks in an efficient and effective way, prioritizes multiple activities and capitalizes on all available resources.
- Sense of Urgency –Pursues everything with drive, often goes “above and beyond” to complete the task at hand.
- Teamwork - Meets all team deadlines and responsibility, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers, and promotes a team atmosphere.
Note: The above information is not all inclusive and the position may have further requirements that will be explained in further detail at a later step in the hiring process.