We are currently seeking an Assistant Geologist at our Overland Park, KS location. This is an entry level laborer position responsible for safely assisting the Core Driller during exploration drilling activities at both surface and underground mine sites. This position will provide entry level geologists with an opportunity to develop in the mining industry, while providing future options for advancement in the Company’s Geological Services department. This position requires regular overnight travel to remote work sites for extended shifts up to ten consecutive days before returning home. Applicants must reside within a one-hour commute of Overland Park, KS.
- Champion the Martin Marietta safety culture
- Use shovels, wrenches, and other hand tools frequently
- Collect, label, load, and unload aggregate samples
- Assist loading and unloading tools and equipment from support vehicles
- Assist with maintenance and repairs of heavy equipment
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace
- Logging of core samples
- Complete all other tasks as instructed
- Positive attitude and strong communication skills
- Work effectively in individual and team settings
- Clean driving record, willing and able to acquire Class A CDL.
- Pass pre-employment drug screen, background check, and physical.
- Work 10-12 hours daily shifts
- Willing to work outside in all weather conditions
- Carry 50-75 lbs. repeatedly without assistance
- Work inside underground mine sites.
- Weekly travel.
- Reliable with good attendance history.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, equivalent, or high school diploma, GED, with interest in obtaining degree at a later date.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled