The Assistant Facilities Technician will assist and conduct daily facility building operational functions and maintenance.
- Assist in and conduct the daily operations and maintenance of building systems, including but not limited to plumbing, electrical, HVAC and other general maintenance requirements of facilities
- Carpentry skills with the ability to learn and assist on varying construction projects.
- Clean common areas and workspaces including restrooms and maintenance garage when needed
- Assist Chief Engineer with supervising onsite contracted work
- Follow safety regulations and procedures including safety operating vehicles and machinery
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
- Broad experience of general maintenance techniques and repair work
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to document and be trained on new equipment
- Proficient in operating equipment including hand tools, power tools and commercial machinery
- Ability to work outdoors year round
- Basic communication and writing skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team