Our Assistant Electrical Engineers are responsible for performing tasks requiring the application of standard electrical engineering techniques and procedures. This includes standard design of electrical systems, assisting lead engineers with various project duties, and other duties as assigned.
Opportunities as an Assistant Electrical Engineer exist in multiple market segments and locations. Specific assignments and project work vary depending on the market segments and locations. Please see below for information on each market:
Design of high voltage (13,000 to 500,000 volt) electrical substations. Areas of design include substation layout, power system analysis and control/ relay systems for a variety of clients across the country.
- Assist with tasks that may include filing, scanning, data entry, documentation, Power Point presentation.
- Assist with responses to general questions.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts by collecting and analyzing data.
- Present solutions to concerns.
- Research solutions to project concerns; analyze and recommend solutions to problems.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by managers.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program.
- Or Bachelor of Science in Electrical or related Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Master of Science degree in Engineering may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) strongly preferred.
- Previous internship and/or related experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge in standard engineering techniques and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Basic computer skills include AutoCAD, MicroStation, 2D and 3D rendering programs and other analysis programs.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem solving skills.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.