The Assistant Director, Operations will be responsible for supporting the Director Distribution Operations leader in the warehouse, transportation, and supportive operational functions for the distribution center to ensure that results meet or exceed customer expectations, financial and operational results, and talent development objectives.
This position will own and lead campus activities relevant to Safety, Quality Assurance, and Training. This person will partner with HR on all diversity initiatives and help influence change management throughout the warehouse location/organization.
The ideal candidate for this role will be energized by driving a performance based environment, while supporting an employee driven culture. Our Warehouse Leadership team partners to provide an amazing employee experience, while exceeding customer expectations.
- Evaluate performance and potential of all distribution center functions, address performance gaps, and take corrective action to ensure delivery against operating objectives. Support preparation of and delivery against annual operation plans for campus operations. Forecast and develop plans for peak and holiday staffing, equipment, and scheduling.
- Create high customer service expectations among team members; monitor results, address gaps. Communicate with Account Team, Customer Service, Senior Leadership, and Customer on any late deliveries, special requests, or service gaps.
- Direct the adoption and use of improved processes, new assets, and new facilities; accountable for achieving incremental business results from the use of these investments. Collaborate cross functionally with other business units as needed to ensure customer satisfaction, further company initiatives, and drive company results.
- Maintain a safe environment for team members and visitors in accordance with company policies and health and safety regulations; accountable for providing a safe work environment, elimination of accidents, and the security of distribution center facilities and team members while on property. Oversee record keeping, regulatory compliance, inspections, audits, safety training, associate development, etc. Strong focus on implementing a clean, healthy, and safe working environment for all.
- Assist in the development of individual and team performance improvement goals aimed at supporting achievement of company objectives. Conduct performance appraisals and regular one on one coaching sessions. Support succession planning, team building, and engagement activities. This person must love seeing their team succeed and overcome challenges they are faced with. Compassion and proven coaching experience required.
- Partner closely with HR team members (Talent Acquisition & HRBPs) to integrate DE&I strategies and solutions into the overall employee experience.
- Travel Required: No
This is A freezer Warehouse, Temperatures range from -20F to 0F
- Warehouse : Freezer (-20F to 0F)
- Office : Office Temperature (65F to 75F)
- Specialized Knowledge: Extensive experience and skill in retail distribution processes, logistics, supply chain management, warehouse operations, transportation operations
- Special Skills: Familiarity with D.O.T regulations, tractor/trailer operations
- Physical abilities: Position primarily requires sitting at a workstation and working on a computer. The role will also entail walking in outdoor and/or warehouse environments.
- Diversity: Dedication and commitment to promote diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion in all work activities; Ability to collaborate in diverse teams to foster productive outcomes.
- Other: Strong leadership skills including team facilitation, training, and motivation; able to work well with all levels of team members with different background and needs
Years Of Experience
- 7-10: Work experience in retail operations, distribution, transportation, logistics and / or supply chain management or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5: Proven management experience specifically focusing on coaching & mentoring in a performance driven culture.
- Fully bilingual in Spanish to support a majority of our diverse workforce.
Bachelor's Degree - General Studies
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
About Our Company
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. , based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.