Job Location: Headquarters - Kansas City, KS
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $17.00 - $21.00 Hourly
Job Category: Entry Level
Converting Operator Assistant
Are you an entry-level worker looking for a full-time, direct hire position?
Plastic Packaging Technologies is hiring Convertor Operating Assistants!
Does your work history include working in manufacturing, assembly, cars, or production?
As a production worker in manufacturing, are you looking to work 12-hours shifts where you work three days one week and four the next?
The goal is to start as a Converting Assistant and be trained into a full cycle Converting Operator!
Why us? We teach. We train. We promote. We say please, and thank you.
Bring us your excellent job history by hitting the "Apply" button now!
About the company:
At Plastic Packaging Technologies we embrace the meaning of teamwork to get the job done in the most efficient and timely manor while also sticking to the highest quality of production. How do we do that?
- We value the meaning of “Teamwork makes the dream work”
- We have a great work-life balance
- All Holidays off including Christmas Eve and New Years Eve
- We give the employees the opportunity to grow within the company by promoting-from-within first before reaching out to outside sources.
Your new position:
Working as the Converting Assistant, you will be responsible for packing boxes with products and assisting the converting operator when needed.
A day in the life of the Converting Assistant includes:
- Checking all tools and equipment at the beginning and end of each shift to ensure good housekeeping is maintained.
- You are the last set of hands and eyes for the products, so checking for defects and the quality of the product is a daily key function of your position. Ensure quality does not deviate from the approved sample.
- Packing boxes in the correct and most efficient way as the job order states.
- You are part of the company's emphasis on teamwork and cooperation to achieve our goals.
- Eventually helping the converting operator replenish materials necessary for the job onto the machine.
What you need to succeed:
- Willing to work 12-hour shift working three days one week and four the next working every other weekend.
- Be willing and able to stand in one place for extended periods of time up to 12 hours
- You are detail-oriented, flexible, have excellent verbal and written skills
- Previous machine operation and mechanical aptitude/experience are highly preferred
- Capable of performing mathematical calculations and reading tape measures and micrometers.
- HSD or GED
What you get I return:
- $15.00 per hour to start
- Excellent benefits, including health, dental, PTO, and a stable career path.
- Great attendance bonus program!
What you need to do now:
Click the "Apply" button!
Plastic Packaging Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keyword: machine operator, production, manufacturing, assembly, production worker, packaging, plastick packaging, flexible packaging, operator,