The Assistant Controller – Reporting and Disclosure
will report directly to the Club Car’s Global Controller and will be responsible for:
- Supporting the company's financial accounting and reporting cycle including external quarterly and annual deliverables.
- Maintain internal and external reporting calendar.
- Participates in the interpretation and analysis of new accounting principles and regulatory decisions to assess the financial statement impact, and the implementation of accounting-related changes to ensure compliance.
- Keeps up to date on new innovative accounting and reporting tools and reviews proposed or alternate accounting and financial reporting processes.
- Support merger and acquisition purchase accounting for both asset and equity based transactions.
- Assisting with local statutory financial reporting for certain subsidiaries.
- Other duties and projects which are no more than 20% of the role.
The ideal candidate must have a strong accounting background and have confidence with navigating through complex topics like implementation of accounting standard, purchase and equity accounting. They must also have outstanding communication and writing skills, be attentive to details, and be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously while working with multiple teams, including local and international teams. The candidate will develop strong working relationships with cross-functional partners and various levels of management including the CFO, Global Tax and Treasury Leaders. In addition, the position will partner with Global Consolidations team routinely.
- Responsible gathering and consolidate all accounting schedules required to accurately produce monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various stakeholders to prepare monthly forecasts and fluctuation analysis for certain material accounts
- Support annual budgeting cycle;
- Assist in technical accounting matters to support the organization and reporting with the appropriate application of U.S. GAAP;
- Assist in drafting footnotes and other required disclosures for our quarterly and annual
- Be a key part of the annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors, the accounting team, and executive management;
- Lead or participate in special projects as needed.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience required – Big 4 experience or Large Public Company
- Public company experience preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of ESPP accounting a plus