Job Location: LSB Industries, Inc. - Corporate Office - Oklahoma City, OK
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Negligible
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Accounting
About LSB Industries, Inc.
We are a leading North American producer of industrial and agricultural chemicals. Our vision is to be a best-in-class, diversified chemical and clean energy producer that safely and efficiently operates our facilities, creates partnerships that deliver value to our customers, suppliers, and logistics providers, and attracts, retains, and enhances the lives of talented team members. We are well positioned to play a critical role in the reduction of global carbon emissions through our potential to produce low carbon or no carbon ammonia. We expect our success in achieving these goals to lead to superior financial performance and greater value for our public shareholders. For more information, view our website at www.lsbindustries.com.
The company is seeking your help in making this vision a reality!
LSB Industries is looking to hire an Assistant Controller to join our team. This position will be responsible for aiding in the month-end closing processes, financial planning & analysis and the day to day operational accounting processes while ensuring reliable financial / operational information and analysis is prepared timely and is compliant with all company policies and GAAP. General accounting, financial analysis, and internal control processes will be constantly reviewed for improvement opportunities.
- Accountabilities include compiling, scheduling and coordinating information from the operations and marketing groups and maintaining documentation for all reports which support these processes.
- Update the monthly / annual earnings model; ensure accuracy and completeness, analyze trends, costs, revenues, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Complete updated forecasts and yearly budgets to be distributed to management.
- Complete audit schedules for quarterly and annual SEC reporting and communicate/distribute these to external and internal auditors.
- Performs analysis of monthly and quarterly business results, reporting major variances in a uniform and consistent manner.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements, schedules, and reports.
- Ensures the integrity and accuracy of information provided to the external auditors
- Develops, maintains, and ensures ongoing compliance with accounting policies and internal controls
- Ensures that policies and controls keep pace with the growth and increasing complexity of the business
- The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field, required. Masters degree, preferred.
- CPA, preferred.
- 4+ years of accounting, financial modeling and financial analysis experience.
- 2-4 years experience in a manufacturing company, preferably within the chemical/fertilizer market.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines are required.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Excellent computer skills and attention to detail a must.
- Analytical, organizational and project management skills required.
- Strong work ethic, demonstrated ability to achieve results and willing to put in additional effort as required to meet critical deadlines.
- Advanced spreadsheet and report writing skills required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, accounting tasks, general ledger and reconciliation required.
- Team oriented with good communication skills required for interaction with all levels of the organization.
- Computer and accounting software knowledge and proficiency are important with experience in ERP systems.