Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
- Advancement Opportunities
- Great Benefit Package
- Company paid life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with a company match
- Educational reimbursement
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Profit Sharing Bonus
Responsibilities include managing and coordinating all aspects of accounting including weekly forecasting, monthly closing, and annual budget. Provide high-level P&L analysis and work closely with senior management to help make critical decisions about investment funding, expense management, and areas for opportunity.
- Accountable for personal adherence to all applicable Safety, GMP, Food Safety, and Plant Policies
- Complete a minimum of 2 Observation and 2 Near miss audits per
- Ensure internal financial controls and SOx compliance are achieved.
- Plant expert on all aspects of the P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Provide weekly forecasts and manage monthly closing activities
- Responsible for annual budget preparation
- Ensure accounting records maintained at the location accurately reflect the plant’s operating performance and physical assets
- Hands on involvement with operations to optimize efficiencies and improve EBITDA
- Capital tracking and adherence to policies and budget
- Provide ad-hoc analysis on various areas of the P&L
- Work closely with all departments of the plant.
- Other duties as assigned
Contribution to Quality, Safety, and GMP:
- Maintain a work environment, which will contribute to the assurance of safety and GMP compliance.
- Adhere to established procedures, perform self-checking and pay attention to detail in the performance of your work.
- Support the accomplishments of your work groups through the quality, timeliness and professionalism of your attitude.
- Notify management in a timely manner of any problems with procedural compliance.
- Report observed quality problems and deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Make recommendations to management for improving the quality and efficiency of your work.
- Safety oriented
- Experience working with an MRP system.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial analysis, inventory control, and cost accounting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and data analysis.
- Must be able to communicate
- Attention to quality and good attendance record required
- Dynamic Thinker
- Must be able to analyze problems, conduct root cause analysis, and deliver effective solutions
- Must have excellent organizational skills with ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to lead, motivate, and influence employees
- Six Sigma or Lean experience preferred
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Food Safety and GMP manufacturing environment.
- Regularly required to walk, lift and carry materials up to 34 pounds through plant in order to function in the job.
- Safety Leadership – embodies commitment for a safe workplace; acts as a role
- Accountability – holds self-accountable evidenced by say/do ratio, initiative and ownership actions (such as ensuring safety is more important than productivity).
- People Agility – understand personal strengths and weaknesses; is genuine and
- Problem Solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative