At Pacific Seafood, we do more than just provide the world with the healthiest proteins on the planet. We cultivate a work environment that listens to our team members, nurtures potential, embraces diversity, and values innovative thinking. As a leader in the seafood industry, we know that the key to our success is based on the commitment to excellence displayed by our team members.
In the role of Assistant Controller, you will implement, manage and control finances and accounting systems. Responsible for overseeing accounting aspects of distribution facilities. Responsible for the creation of financial statements, profitability analysis, application of company-wide policies and procedures, A/P and A/R processing and reconciliation of all asset, liability, equity, revenue and expense accounts. Partner with the operations leadership team to provide resources to drive the Company’s strategic plan and financial success for the location, division and company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times
- Manage and maintain company-wide accounting/business systems and processes to ensure all accounting transactions are accurate and timely
- Responsible for period-end close process including journal entries, account reconciliations, financial statements, and operating statistical reporting
- Drive the implementation, application and continued improvement of financial and accounting processes, procedures and controls.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of annual budgets and business plan
- Evaluate company performance via budget to actual analysis and the use of comparative data and evaluation of operating ratios/statistics.
- Ensure that all appropriate tax forms, registration, licenses, etc. are accurately prepared and submitted
- Consult with the General Manager and the Divisional Controller on the financial and administration objectives, programs, strategies and action plans
- Perform other duties, as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum 4 - 5 years related experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Experience in managing teams
B.) Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Strong Computer skills in MS Office Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with financial programs and software
At Pacific Seafood, your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package.
When you add in the additional benefits below to your competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation by up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options with generous annual company profit sharing match
- Paid time off for all regular FT team members, to include sick days, paid holidays, vacation and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program- Confidential professional counseling, financial, and legal assistance provided at no charge to Team Members and immediate family members
- Product purchase program
Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.