KOCO TV, a Hearst Property in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, has an opening for an Assistant Chief Engineer. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to organize, plan, manage, document and execute assignments within a demanding live broadcast environment. This person is responsible for the equipment that provides the content of our broadcast and online program streams. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, maintaining regulatory compliance, and assuring quality control of on-air product. This position involves supervisory roles. The ideal candidate must excel in motivating and working with a high-energy team and should demonstrate success in budgeting, capital planning and personnel management. This position reports directly to the Director of Engineering.
- Assist the Director of Engineering with the supervision of the daily operation of the station.
- Directly manage and oversee broadcast operations staff and maintenance technicians, which include Master Control Operators, Studio Production Operators and other technical staff.
- Effectively manage and motivate the department personnel to attain maximum focus to ensure smooth and efficient operations to produce the highest level of quality to the viewer.
- Deploy and train personnel in new and existing equipment/technology/procedures including the station’s broadcast automation system, live newscast production, and digital workflows.
- Maintain transmitters, satellite antenna systems, signal distribution, encoders, and routing systems.
- Exhibit a good working knowledge of television maintenance and IT systems, as well as FCC requirements and licensing.
- Document and maintain engineering and operational policies and procedures.
- Ability to adapt to multiple priorities and follow through until successful resolution.
- Requires excellent judgment and ability to effectively handle complex issues under pressure or during emergency situations.
- In-person attendance is required
- 5 years of experience in Television Broadcast Operations/Maintenance
- Previous leadership and management experience
- Budgeting and Capital planning
- Computer literacy is mandatory.
- Attention to details is imperative.
- SBE certification is a plus
- Lifting 50 pounds, climbing ladders and other physical activity associated with equipment installation.
- Must have a current driver’s license.
- Operational knowledge and experience with SNG, ENG and CNG functions
- Ability to learn specialized software applications
- Aptitude for operating electronic equipment for broadcast and production requirements.
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- SBE certifications are preferred.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.