Job Description :
JOB TITLE: Asset Care Team Leader
REPORTS TO: Asset Care Manager
We are a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands across spirits and beer! We produce an amazing assortment of over 200 brands – old and new, large and small, global and local – that are enjoyed in more than 180 countries around the world!
TAGLINE: Be a part of an exciting start-up and lead multiple priorities across a number of departments and within a large operating facility. The Asset Care Team Leader is responsible for day-to-day, in the moment decision-making that directly impacts safety, quality and production.
WHY IS THE ROLE IMPORTANT:
As a member of the Asset Care team, the Asset Care Team Leader (ACTL) is responsible for managing the day-to-day maintenance and equipment requirements across multiple departments including safety activities, quality, coordinating staffing assignments, and departmental budget activities. The incumbent will provide business leadership to ensure the team meets or exceeds Maintenance Excellence critical metrics. This position is imperative in driving continuous improvement and employee engagement in critical success areas by empowering employees to apply Manufacturing Management System (MMS) tools and techniques. The ACTL will play a critical role in delivering, improving and sustaining the site’s maintenance programs for the Packaging Operations, Breweries and Maturation.
- Ensure attendance at daily Tier 1 (operations shift handover) meetings to understand the events of the last 24 hours. Facilitate the Maintenance Tier 1 (Maintenance shift handover).
- Report out at Production Tier 2 meeting with fellow team leads with items pertaining to maintenance. Review all planned job packages for labor requirements, materials, parts, methods, permits, and priorities. Plan & schedule Asset Care activities across multiple shifts and ensure PMs and Schedule Adherence is maintained.
- Lead the development of an empowered and self-directed Asset Care department including promoting and encouraging the use of formal problem-solving concepts/techniques: RCPS, Fishbone, DMAIC & Decision Trees.
- Ensure production equipment and other plant machinery including electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment are maintained in line with the maintenance program. Ensure compliance with safety, sanitation, quality and housekeeping rules. Ensure machine and equipment changeovers for different bottles, packaging, and liquid are completed in accordance with the asset care program.
- Develop and administer equipment maintenance and preventative, and a machine center-lining programs. Develop and ensure equipment lubrication and inspection routines as assigned. Ensure the machinery to maintain optimum machine performance. This may include clearing jams, adjusting/resetting equipment, removing glue/labels, etc. Experienced in all types of electronic devices and able to program variable frequency drives (VFD).
- Strong electrical focus in use of control logic with ability to troubleshoot PLC’s, Capable of writing minor PLC code. Strong focus on electrical trouble shooting skills and understanding of different communication protocols. Understand and capable of troubleshooting power transmission system such as motors, gear boxes, bearings, belts, shafts, belts, etc. Ability to learn and have working knowledge of SAP. This includes ensuring writing and closing out work orders and PM’s in the system.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP), perform tasks per the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) and Daily Sanitation Schedule, and follow general housekeeping and rules for Food Safety Regulations. This includes maintaining 5S requirements in work. Maintains equipment parts and supplies within budget guide lines.
- Oversees the machines, fabricates, welds and fastens materials, using engine lathe vertical milling machine, horizontal universal milling machine, drill press, boring bar, hydraulic press, metal hear and brake press. Ensures the timely and accurate completion of the preventive, predictive, corrective and improvement sections of the maintenance program. Responsible for writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and updating in EQMS Perform mechanical and electrical skill assessment and develop training program for staff Identify capital projects to improve production efficiencies, reduce material loss, improve quality, safety, housekeeping, GMP and other related critical metrics
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- A hard-working individual with minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in a high-speed manufacturing plant/warehouse operation in a best in class manufacturing environment with GMP’s, preferably in beverage or food packaging.
- Candidates should have a BA/BS degree in Business, Management, or Engineering. Thorough working knowledge and demonstrated expertise in all areas of high-speed bottling and/or canning activities including machine operations, changeovers, start-up, shut-down, and package quality.
- Candidates must demonstrate the attributes to effect change within a manufacturing environment through diagnosing, designing, and implementing solutions. A continuous improvement mind-set is highly beneficial for success.
- The ability to multitask and prioritize their workload, as well as having excellent interpersonal skills is essential to being successful in this role. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficiency on computers is a must, SAP experience is a plus.
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :