Job Location: Check-Mate Manufacturing Georgia - Thomasville, GA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Any
Job Category: Manufacturing
Check-Mate Manufacturing LLC is a subsidiary of Check-Mate Industries and is located as a start-up facility in Thomasville, GA. Over the past 40 years, Check-Mate has proven to be the winning move for hundreds of customers in a diverse range of industries including aerospace, automotive, firearms, cosmetics, and medical industries. The unsurpassed customer service of the company has long been recognized as an innovator and leader in tool & die, stampings and assemblies. Whether producing high-precision tools and progressive dies, stamping, or assemblies for everything from healthcare to personal security products, Check-Mate out-thinks, out-maneuvers, and out-performs its competition.
Check-Mate Manufacturing has open positions for Assembler/Packers responsible for all aspects of assembly, packing and Inspection of magazines for firearms. Assembler/Packers will be required to safely and efficiently execute assigned work in timely manner, meet quality standards and productivity. Also expected to promote and conform to company’s regulations and procedures.
- Assembles parts, such as handles, blades, gears, or springs to assemble firearm magazines.
- Positions parts together, following guides such as holes, edges, and prongs.
- Rivets, bolts, or screws parts together, using hammer, riveting machine, wrench, or pneumatic screwdriver.
- Inspects assembled parts for quality and accuracy.
- Tests, calibrates, and fits parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product specifications.
- Identifies units that fail tests or tolerance levels and repairs as necessary.
- May drill, ream, or tap holes in parts of pliers, using drill press.
- Maintains a high level of safety in and around the assembly area.
- May use clamps, pneumatic or screw presses, and other work aids to hold parts during assembly.
- May pack assembled parts preparing for shipment.
- Maintain a high level of safety in and around the assembly area.
- Ensure that all documentation is correct including quantities and other records.
- Maintain the Assembly work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Report defective parts or questionable conditions to the line lead or department supervisor.
- Maintain knowledge of QC requirements and procedures to ensure proper disposition of nonconforming parts.
- Communicate with line leads and assemblers at shift change to exchange relevant information that helps prevent mistakes or expedite the assembly processes.
- Supports all LEAN activities in the assembly area, especially the sustainable execution and implementation of 5S principles (order and cleanliness) and continuous process improvement (stable processes) based on KAIZEN principles to achieve highest quality standards.
- H.S. diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- 0– 3 years of manufacturing experience and/or small part assembly
- Fine motor dexterity skills required to maintain quality and productivity
- Basic problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; Conflict resolution skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multi-task, adaptable and an analytical thinker
- Able to utilize Micrometers, gauges, and other hand-tools for measuring and inspecting
- Able to read and following instructions outlined in production documents
Check-Mate Manufacturing LLC is an equal employment employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.