UCT is seeking an experienced and talented Assembly Technician II to join our team in Chandler, AZ! The Assembly Technician I produce components by assembling parts and subassemblies. Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs basic mechanical assemblies & sub-assemblies.
- Must be able to leak test
- Operates hand and power tools to complete assemblies.
- Reads and interprets work instructions to ensure accuracy of work performed.
- Interacts with management and team members to encourage effective communication on the production floor.
- Performs standard testing and minor troubleshooting.
- Ensures quality standards are met throughout all steps of the assembly process.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Attendance is an essential duty of the position.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Related experience in a non-manufacturing environment considered.
- Cable and Harness assembly experience a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret written information and follow directions.
- Basic mechanical skills and the ability to perform basic and repetitive assembly operations as required.
- General knowledge of operating hand tools, portable power tools, and bench tools.
- Strong attention to detail, quality-focused, and willing to learn.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to operate computer terminals and general software applications.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, schematics, and blueprints desired.
1 In Arizona, this is considered a Safety Sensitive position
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Some technician coursework and/or AA technical degree or equivalent experience
- 1 + years of related experience working in a manufacturing/cleanroom environment.
- Experience in helium leak testing, module and subassembly testing and inspection a plus.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: This section is required for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA)
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in a manufacturing and/or cleanroom environment.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push, pull, and grasp.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to lift over 25 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to move arms, hands, and fingers.
- Required to have visual acuity to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to stand/sit for sustained periods of time.
- Ability to talk on the phone and use a computer for extended periods of time may be required.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment where applicable.
- Subject to noise levels.
- Subject to hazards including electrical current, moving mechanical parts, exposure to chemicals, and debris.
- Subject to vibrations.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment
- May involve exposure to moderate noise levels from printers, faxes, computers, etc.
- Work may require out of town travel depending upon assignment (training and meeting).
UCT offers an excellent benefits package to all full-time employees which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and paid time off.
UCT is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.