Job Summary: Performs a wide variety of tasks to assemble and test all Cactus or customer products.
Essential Functions, Roles and Responsibilities: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Practice safe work habits and comply with all quality, safety, health and environmental policies, procedures, programs and regulations
- Must complete Short Service Employee (SSE) training program for the position, to familiarize with Cactus requirements and specifications
- Inspect, operate and test completed products to verify functioning and conformance to requirements
- Position and/or align components for assembly, manually or using hoists
- Verify parts clearances and fit up
- Adjust, repair, rework or replace parts and assemblies to eliminate malfunctions and to ensure proper operation
- Read and interpret assembly drawings or operation manuals
- Maintain and lubricate parts or components
- Remove rough spots and smooth surfaces to fit, trim or clean parts, use of hand tools or power tools
- Perform other regular duties as assigned or requested
Education, Training, Experience:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or a minimum of 2-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand detailed instruction drawings and specifications on wellhead equipment and valves. Knowledge of good document control and process flow, knowledge of how parts are assembled tested and painted and the tools and equipment used to accomplish it.
- Knowledge of Quality System
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; stand, walk and sit; talk and hear.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (outside weather conditions); extreme cold; extreme heat, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.