Job Description: Assembly Technician
Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell company, is looking for an Assembly Technician to join its world class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies. The Assembly Technician will be responsible for manual component assembly, equipment operation, preparing material kitting for assembly, quality data collection, standard work creation, and all Lean manufacturing principles. The Assembly Technician is subject to department transfers based on production demand. Location: This position will be based in Newark, DE
Role and Responsibilities:
• Following standard work to assemble our fuel cell systems.
• Selecting proper materials from warehouse to complete standard work.
• Identifying and implementing continuous improvement ideas.
• Use designated inspection equipment.
• Perform minimal tool preventive maintenance.
• Assist in development of manufacturing procedures to create the most efficient processes.
• Record quality data.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 0 - 4 years’ experience in a high capacity manufacturing environment.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Experience with Automated Equipment.
• Good Attendance, Initiative, responsible follow through and a willingness to help.
• Strong trouble-shooting skills required.
• Strong interpersonal skills and effective communicator.
• Able to follow both written and verbal instructions.
• Must have computer skills, minimum Microsoft office.
• Demonstrated ability to use small hand and power tools, previous experience with p.c. based testing equipment is preferred.
• Excellent hand and eye coordination is needed.
• Complete tasks within standard times with minimum supervision.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
• Must be able to lift 45 lbs.
• Must be able to work in a fast pace manufacturing environment.
• Must be flexible with changing shift or work schedule.