Job Location: SkyMark Kansas City - Kansas City, KS
Salary Range: $18.00 - $22.00
The Assembly Technician is responsible for installing components and equipment on heavy duty chassis frames.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans and performs a wide variety of fitting, assembly, installation, and alignment of complicated parts to exact engineering tolerances and operating requirements.
- Performs work as outlined on build request order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with engineering standards.
- Builds all units consistently by utilizing quality standards.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and specifications to determine sequence, tooling requirements, measurements and allowable tolerances.
- Installs piping, stainless steel lines, and air lines.
- Fabricates and installs 12V/24V electrical systems.
- Builds a variety of parts; installs boxes and special components for the truck design.
- Verifies conformance of workpieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes.
- Aligns and fits parts according to specifications, using jacks, turnbuckles, wedges, drift pins, pry bars, and hammers.
- Positions and/or tightens braces, jacks, clamps, ropes, bolt straps or bolt parts in position.
- Moves parts into position, manually or with hoists or cranes.
- Properly documents work performed.
- Uses and maintains all necessary shop and personal equipment required to complete repairs or inspections.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean and is accountable for all tools at all times.
- Ensures that customers trucks and equipment are kept neat and clean.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES include, but are not limited to the following.
- Ability to read hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Must have high quality mechanics tools with upright rolling tool box.
- Must be familiar with shop tools and equipment such as torque wrenches and impact tools.
- Must have a working knowledge and understanding of safety requirements and practice them.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently with all departments.
- Must have good time management, planning, organization and prioritization skills.
- Must be able to work assigned shift, arriving on time and abiding by all attendance policies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
- At least two years of mechanical/heavy equipment experience, including the use of mechanical tools.
- Experience with electrical systems, including 12V/24V systems.