We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled full time Assembly Technician. Assembly Technicians will aid in the fabrication, maintenance, and repair of component parts and products. They must also maintain tidy work areas and follow detailed instructions in order to meet safety and quality requirements.
- The building of AMC conveyors and components via Engineering Prints, Work Order Travelers, and/or verbal instruction from the Production Leader/Foreman.
- During the building process, the use of hand tools such as Allen wrenches, wrenches, tape measures, calipers, mics, etc. is required. Some power tools may be required depending on the product that is being built.
- The building of MPG guarding and structures. Must be able to understand and follow Engineering prints, Work Order Travelers, and/or instruction from the Production Leader/Foreman.
- During the assembly of structures, the use of hand tools, as well as, power tools such as drill motors, saws etc. is required.
- Aid in the shipping of products built on the production floor, this includes building skids and loading of conveyors on those skids as needed.
- Aid in the shipping of MPG structures when necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent.
- Knowledge of proper use of measuring tools/gauges and cutting tools.
- Understand blueprints and routers.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Understand any and all safety requirements and cautions.
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary.
- Technical Skills--Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills--Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Ethics--Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Professionalism--Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality--Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 70 pounds by themselves. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Assembly Technicians are responsible, when and if called upon, for field service. This may require travel and overnight stay.