Middle River Aerostructure Systems is a world-leading manufacturer of thrust reverser (the braking system on a jet engine), engine nacelle components and specialized aerostructures. It supplies and supports these products for engine makers, airplane manufacturers and aircraft operators. Located on Maryland’s Chesapeake Bay near Baltimore, MRAS has a 1.7-million sq. ft. facility situated on 180 acres – where the company and its predecessors have designed, built and equipped civil and military aircraft for more than 90 years. In 2019, MRAS was acquired by VT Systems, the U.S. affiliate of Singapore-based ST Engineering – becoming a part of its global network of aerospace facilities and offices. With the ownership change, the company was renamed Middle River Aerostructure Systems.
The Quality Supervisor / Engineer will primarily be responsible for the oversite of a team of inspection personnel and provide Quality Engineering support for legacy programs. The individual will be responsible for ensuring all program engineering and regulatory requirements are met to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provides supervision / oversight for a multi-program inspection support team. Proficient organizational shills are essential to maintain employee time keeping, attendance and overtime reporting.
- Reviews and approves supplier AS9102 First Articles for compliance and completion to the PO, Engineering drawling, engineering specifications and AS9102 requirements.
- Works with Supplier Quality along with the supplier to correct / resolve issues with the FAIs to support production need.
- Generates First Article and Delta First Article Inspection reports per AS9102 requirements for internal First Article requirements.
- Provides Quality Engineer support and assists Inspection personnel while performing First Article inspections. Maintains / Manages First Article Inspection open / completion database.
- Accurately Documents defects and creates pictorial presentations for MRB items requiring customer disposition. Investigates Root Cause and addresses Corrective Action for MRB items prior to submittal to customer.
- Supports / Program Change Board activities / proposals for Engineering changes / customer purchase order requests.
- Generates & manages customer concession packages.
- Supports program Quality Engineering needs. Helps facilitate and support program CAB.
- Maintains program electronic Inspection test plans, aids and supports inspection personnel from the system side of the inspection test plans.
- Supports the day-to-day activities on the program as a floor QE.
Bachelors degree from an accredited university/ college or High School Diploma/ GED with a minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience.
3 to 5 years of progressive leadership and/ or supervisory experience.
Knowledge of ISO9000 / AS9100 required.
Knowledge of Aerospace / DOD / assembly line experience is highly desirable.
- Must have strong attention to detail in creating paperwork for delivery to customer
- Positive attitude and leadership characteristics
- Willingness to support business needs as required to meet company objectives
- Perform inspections across all stages of production
- Lead quality initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Work with Program QE on resolution of customer identified quality issues
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Maintain customer required inspection reports
- Communicate quality or compliance concerns with urgency
- Identify areas for quality improvement and implement new methods
- Ensure compliance to company standards and specifications including customer requirements
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Work across diverse backgrounds and education levels
MRAS is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value.