The Trenton facility of nVent (Canada) Ltd. produces mineral insulated cable and cable units. This position involves the operation of equipment and handling of cables with the use of a hoist system.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Drawing Cable on Bull Blocks and Draw Bench.
- Annealing Cable in Furnaces.
- Cable Documentation (Completion of production documentation and computer entry into SAP)
- Assembly components into finished goods.
- Electrical testing of finished goods.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Must be available to work Overtime when required.
- Willing and able to work all shifts as we are a 24/7 Operation.
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to stand 8-12 hours depending on shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Standing, walking, bending and lifting.
- Grade 12 Diploma or GED.
- Able to speak, read understand and follow instructions, policies and procedures in English.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing plant.
- Must be able to work shift work (no rotations)
- Mandatory clear Criminal Background Check
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other’s authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.