Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Adhere to Zero tolerance policy for Safety and Quality.
- Work well in team environment to ensure safety, quality, and production guidelines are followed.
- Operate assembly machines including presses, drivers, and inspection stations.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Perform required inspections as outlined in control plan.
- Perform 5S duties.
- Participate in shift meetings and audits.
- Monitor equipment and processes and report any abnormalities to assembly management team.
- Use small hand tools as required.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree; or, 6 – 12 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Basic understanding of functionality and setup of assembly equipment
- Character attributes:
- Demonstrate Initiative to Learn
- Demonstrate Initiative as Self-Starter
- Positive attitude
- Works well in team setting
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrate accountability for actions
- Willing to not compromise - Integrity
- Basic mathematical skills
- Basic blue print reading a plus but not required
- Basic computer skills – Microsoft Office
- Basic computer skills – HMI interfaces
- Assembly operational team
- Maintenance team
- Quality team
- HR team
- EHS manager
- Engineering teams
Environmental & Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods of time. Use of hands/fingers is required to hold or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, or balance. Good hearing is required.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move assemblies in the production process. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to look up, around and over the shoulder to drive in reverse.
- Occupational noise exposure during performance of required duties. Adequate hearing protection is provided and required at all times.
- Occupational exposure to fumes, dust, and casting debris is regularly encountered. Personal Protective Equipment including safety glasses, gloves, and steel-toed, industrial footwear is required at all times.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ConMet provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). Ensuring fair wages is an important Company value. Accordingly, the Company will not pay wages to any employee at a rate less than the Company pays to other employees for work that is substantially equivalent and requires comparable skills unless a bona fide factor justifies a pay differential. The Company prohibits pay disparity based on Protected Characteristics or prior salary history. The Company prohibits retaliation against employees for discussing compensation.