Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works with Supervisor, Planners, other Group Leaders in scheduling daily production and directing employees in their daily job requirements to maintain quality and OTS goals following the Standard Work.
- Uses ERP (SyteLine) and other methods as needed to monitor and track open demand, output and materials.
- Holds daily huddles with each work cell within area of responsibility utilizing the Lean Daily Management (LDM) tools to review daily plan and execution with respect to Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Productivity and People.
- Balances the relationship between standard work, playbook, efficiency of execution and the overall positive performance of the cell.
- Understands key performance indicators within the area and recognizes a sense of ownership and leadership to achieve those goals.
- Able to fill in for other Group Leaders when needed, must be aware of support needed in all area processes.
- Oversees production area in Supervisor’s absence and reports any production issues to Value Stream Manager as needed for assistance.
- Trains, cross trains and works to Standard Work procedures where available; contributes to developing standard work where needed.
- Works with operators and contributes to production tasks as necessary to achieve daily goals.
- Communicates with maintenance and engineering support as needed for current needs; is proactive with assessing and communicating future requirements for the area.
- Reviews throughout the shift all day by the hour sheets, production and/or materials issues and provides status information to the Supervisor and takes action to keep on schedule.
- Participates and leads change in all operational improvement activities.
- Understands item numbers and OSK information to ensure proper assembly was performed.
- Helps employees and contract workers understand Omega policies and procedures. Brings issues to area supervisor if there are concerns or violations.
- Prioritizes practice of 6S safety and housekeeping policies throughout all areas.
- Ensures proper PPE equipment is available and being used when required.
- Must practice good communication skills and have ability to understand verbal and written instruction from various sources.
- Ability to lead, direct work of, and train others.
- Must be a good team player and have ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Skill in mathematics to calculate dimensions and understand inventory levels.
- Skill to understand dimensions on drawings.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to shift priorities quickly and handle interruptions to support operators.
- Ability to work comfortably with metric driven deadlines.
- Must have a working understanding of computers and be proficient in Microsoft Office. (Excel, Word)
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 3+ years of past Production experience.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus.