Assemble, attach, and test manufactured components or parts during the manufacturing process. They use a variety of factory machinery, hand tools, and computers to complete their piece of the assembly process. The assembly operator worker functions as one part of a potentially large team. As the work is often repetitive, the assembly operator worker should be able to perform monotonous work at a fixed rate of speed for long periods while remaining focused and minimizing mistakes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assemble, attach, and test manufactured components or parts.
- Communicate with supervisors regarding warehouse inventory and maintain documentation.
- Sets up and line clearance when done
- Clean Up / Housekeeping
- Assemble components and hardware to conform to the final print and per the relevant work instruction
- Works with Engineer to create custom tooling and fixturing.
- Tool and Fixture Maintenance (performs and/or schedules)
- Accurate document control (data collection, move tickets)
- Responsibly manages material by ensuring receipt of material (accurate & on time) and correctly documents final counts incoming components, outgoing good parts, scrap, NCMR, counts
- Maintains Assembly Build Kits and physical inventory accuracy (hardware, material, components)
- Manages Data Collection (via SPC-data collection) and turn back forms
- Assembly Checklist (fills out accurately and signs and dates)
- Follows work Instructions and router information
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component
- Completes Purchase Requisition forms to maintain consumable inventory (examples: toothpicks, Loctite, passivation chemicals, personal protective equipment, etc.)
- Maintains safe and clean working environment
- Understands how to read and interpret Drawings/Blue Prints.
- Prepare products for shipping
- Lift, handle, load, and unload products.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Equivalent to high school education or related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work near moving mechanical parts.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
ARCH Global Precision is an Equal Opportunity Employee and wholeheartedly supports diversity in the workplace as a basic premise for business success. All employees of ARCH Global Precision are employed on an at-will basis.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.