***New Starting Wage: $18.00***
Hayfield Window & Door is a growing manufacturer of premium quality vinyl windows and consistently ranks as a Top 100 Window and Door Manufacturer in North America. We have immediate openings in final assembly in our manufacturing facility and are looking for hard working, dependable individuals who possess carpentry or mechanical skills to join our team. Benefits of working for Hayfield Window and Door:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Accrued Paid time off- 104 accrued hours available for new hires!
- Paid Holidays
- Gas Stipend
- No experience? On the site training
- Opportunity to grow
Assembly worker responsibility includes operating equipment in a factory and preparing items for distribution. The requirements for a production worker involve assembling and checking products, ensuring all machinery runs smoothly, and assisting in the packaging and shipment of items.
Essential Functions (Window/Door Assembler/glass handler):
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, specifications, and parts lists.
- Gathering parts, sub-assemblies, tools, and materials to complete assigned task.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and sub-assemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related task to accomplish production results.
- Wear required PPE to maintain safety and adhere to all safety procedures and processes.
- Can accurately read a tape measure.
- Seam edges of glass using grinding stone
- Load glass into furnace or washer
- Performs quality inspection to ensure glass meets quality standards
- Places glass on racks
- Measure glass according to product order
- Remove glass from machine after completion of cycle
- Wear required PPE to maintain safety and adhere to all safety procedures and processes
- Can accurately read a tape measure
- Operate production line machinery and computers.
- Perform equipment change-overs.
- Responsible for quality control. Reject product outside of specifications.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be physically capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach within hand and arm length, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Full hand dexterity
- Must be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time