Assembler/Inspector (Cross Functional)
Teledyne Wireless is a flagship business unit of Teledyne Microwave Solutions (TMS) with over 50 years of experience in the design, development, and manufacture of sophisticated microwave/RF components and integrated assemblies for the most demanding challenges.
Our products and capabilities are sought after by civilian and military organizations spanning numerous global markets, including Aviation, Communication, Electronic Warfare (EW/ECM/CIED), Industrial, Missile/UAV, Radar, Satcom, Space, and Test and Measurement. Teledyne Wireless invests heavily in research and development to maintain the ability to offer the world’s most advanced MW/RF capabilities for current and emerging challenges.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Primary duties of a cross functional team member is to support the manufacturing of vacuum envelope mechanical sub-assemblies and final assemblies. Candidate is primarily responsible for inspecting all levels of assemblies. Position requires a familiarity in schematic interpretation and the use of common measuring equipment which includes; optical comparator, drop gage, calipers, microscope and measuring scope. Secondary responsibilities include building the assemblies which require the use of small hand tools, microscopes and other measuring equipment. Candidate will be responsible for ensuring quality, and maintaining production flow to meet weekly schedule requirements.
To be successful in this position, the candidate should have or be familiar with the following skills:
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks while sitting or standing for extended periods of time •Experience with small parts, small hand tools, and microscopes
- Prior blue print and procedures reading experience
- Attentiveness to details with a strong desire for precision and accuracy when executing job duties
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions from management and engineering staff.
- Ability to pick up 5 to 20 lbs.
Additional skills include:
- Tig welding and Bell Jar brazing experience a plus
- Clean room experience and knowledge of Foreign Object Debris (FOD control)
- Ability or prior experience of reading Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
U.S. Person for access to ITAR-Controlled Technical Data.