Teledyne ISCO is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of innovative products designed to increase productivity while improving the quality of life on our planet. Our standard and customized products are used across multiple sectors including: water and wastewater, pharmaceutical, academia, oil exploration, and reactant feed.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Under close supervision, performs a wide variety of repetitive and non-repetitive bench or line mechanical subassembly and assembly operations of a semi-skilled nature to produce products, making required minor adjustments in the assemblies as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follows production drawings, sample assemblies and verbal instructions with close supervision. Understands and applies established acceptable workmanship practices to all facets of mechanical assembly.
- Interprets and works from schematics, drawings, work instructions and bills of material to understand the required parts and steps needed to complete the assigned assembly.
- Makes accurate mathematical calculations and uses precision measuring instruments as required.
- Uses a wide variety of hand and power tools to perform skilled fitting and assembly work. Inspect parts and performs basic tests.
- Tends machines, such as arbor presses or riveting machine, to perform force fitting or fastening operations on assembly line.
- Works at different work stations as production needs require. Works on line where tasks vary as different model of same article moves along line.
- Performs basic testing, assembly and or disassembly of mechanical assemblies using both traditional and non-traditional tooling such as multimeter, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, power supply, function generator, LCD meter, screwdriver, torque wrench, standard wrench, etc.
- Works on assembled components, requiring manual dexterity and the ability to work with simple hand tools, soldering equipment, volt meters and other related test instrumentation. Knowledge of cleaning, lead preparation, component mounting, parts orientation.
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture, or other holding device.
- Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements, press fits, or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
- May perform other simple assembly tasks such as potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, etching, impregnating, and color coding parts and assemblies.
- Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics.
- May perform hand soldering using a soldering iron.
- May perform work (soldering and general inspection) under microscope.
- Performs online go-not-go testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Troubleshoots and replaces defects of finished products.
- Reworks and repairs defective units rejected by inspection or test personnel.
- Follows safety procedures in the use and handling of flammable and hazardous chemicals required to meet all cleanliness specifications.
- Must be able to follow specific procedures and detailed instructions completely.
- Ensures that quality checks are completed throughout the manufacturing process.
- Records information on production records, logs and other report forms.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral/Written Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Records data; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches other in a tactful manner; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures including using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required and wearing company issued badge when on company property; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and material properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma and some degree of vocational or technical training preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to enter time and data into a computer system. An individual may require knowledge of database software; inventory software; manufacturing software; spreadsheet software and/or word processing software.